Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not my favourite version, but the best I was able to find on youtube

Comment

Last edited by USSWisconsin; 13 Jun 11,, 02:46.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
        Daaayyum. I'm not sure whether that inspires me in my efforts to learn the guitar, or makes me want to give up and just listen and watch...
        Last edited by ArmchairGeneral; 14 Jun 11,, 04:17.
        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Another great thread CM!! My favorite genres of 80's music, motown, disco and classical, share equal love from me. I will have a ball here! Thanks for putting it up.

Comment

A couple more of my favorites. It's amazing, I've been listening to these since I was old enough to listen, thanks to my dad, and some people I know have never heard these in their lives, or if they have know what they actually are.

Aram Khachaturian - Sabre Dance

Giachino Rossini - William Tell Overture Finale

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

And now for some awesome covers of the above songs. Start off with Sabre Dance:

Dave Edmunds - Sabre Dance

The divine Vanessa Mae - Sabre Dance

We now move on to the William Tell Overture:

Brassed Off - William Tell Overture

Andrea Vadrucci (Vadrum) - William Tell Overture. This one is now one my favorite versions of this piece, and if you watch the video you'll soon know why

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Vanessa Mae certainly makes me appreciate the Violin! I really like to watch her performances.;)

Comment

Glad you liked the thread 7thsfsniper. Now time to infuse life into this thread with some Dvořák.

Comment

What better way to necro a thread than to revive it with some awesome music from a dead guy?

Comment

4 months considers a necro? Gunny?
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Sergei Rachmaninoff: Isle of The Dead

One of my all time favourites

Comment

Last edited by Andrey Egorov; 10 Dec 11,, 19:03.
                          We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

Excellent drumming on the Billy Tell overture :wors:Brassed off , brill film , one of my fav actors Peter Postlethwaite RIP .
                            Last edited by tankie; 10 Dec 11,, 19:23.

Comment

I'm a violinist so I have a thing for paganini, but I'm pretty sure his compositions can be universally appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                                Very good...But I still like this version better

For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Working...
                                X