Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan likely to use Nuclear weapons on India "a few days" into war: US ambassador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the Pakistani Generals look that far beyond ... and with good reason. India would be too busy taking care of her own sick and dying to worry about taking care of Pakistan. In such a scenario, the occupied would be far more luckier than the occupier. At least the occupier can tell the occupied where to lie down to die with some dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      According to Indian doctrine, any use of nukes on her armed forces anywhere or on her soil automatically calls for nuke retaliation.
      Blowing a nuke in front of your advancing columns is not the same as blowing a nuke on your advancing columns.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        Ummm, I dont think the Chinese are going to like that very much considering they are right next door and given the possibilty of air curents carrying it up the coast..........
        But sir, China is the (major/only) supplier of Nuclear arsenal ( or the components needed to build one ) to Pakistan right ???

Comment

No, the initial knowledge was given, including a CICH-4 blueprint, but the rest are all Pakistani.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
            The MAD (the acronym) theory is that nukes will come into play only in a doomsday scenario and in that scenario there won't be just one or two nukes used, probably a barrage of them. People don't like it when I say this, but its reality, I don't condone it, but having a policy anything short of first use is unrealistic. The US and Pakistan are the only two nations that still hold on to nuclear first use policy - that is if need be.
            Not possible to have MAD in the strict sense between our countries because we ain't got enough nukes for it ;)

For MAD, our arsenals would have to get into the thousands and that's unlikely.

MAD was only US-Soviet during the cold war or presently US or Russia against some small country.

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
            In all likelihood, this was done to scare congress and to make sure Pakistan does not completely turn towards China.
            what...and put all your eggs in one basket ? surely its a bluff & mere posturing.

There would have be a seriously falling out with the US for that to happen and am not sure the present state of relations qualifies yet.

Comment

col yu,

According to those with links to Pakistani nuclear thinking, 1st use is a demonstration, not a military strike, ie a nuke built crater in the line of an Indian advance and then hoping to hell that India takes the hint and back off.
              let me get this straight-- the pakistanis want to nuke their own border to get the indians to back off?

so if india REALLY wanted to screw with pakistan, all she would have to do would be wait until the general wind pattern goes east to west, mobilize...let pakistan do her thing, and then de-mobilize...
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                col yu,

let me get this straight-- the pakistanis want to nuke their own border to get the indians to back off?

so if india REALLY wanted to screw with pakistan, all she would have to do would be wait until the general wind pattern goes east to west, mobilize...let pakistan do her thing, and then de-mobilize...

I suspect it takes more than mobilization to prompt first use, even in the form of making a nuclear crater.

Comment

The Pakistani Army will have to lose a couple of battles before a crater appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    The Pakistani Army will have to lose a couple of battles before a crater appears.
                    I have a question. What happens if the entire PA and PAF was defeated and humiliated by Indian armed forces that it loses the legitimacy in the eyes of the Pakistani people without Pakistan being mortally threatened? How will PA respond? Last I heard the nukes are entirely in control by the PA.

Comment

I guess MAYBE a social reform ??? Like a more strong and sane government perhaps ??????

Comment

Considering the often overused phrase that "Every country has Army.. and Pakistan Army has a C... "

I would think that the defeat or signs of Defeat for PA and associated Services Arms would be considered as a mortal threat to Pakistan.. No circumventing the Pak Army.. w.r.t. Nukes

Comment

Or another thought ... As stated earlier Pakistan might use Nukes when it starts to feel the defeat or just backs off and runs away

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            I have a question. What happens if the entire PA and PAF was defeated and humiliated by Indian armed forces that it loses the legitimacy in the eyes of the Pakistani people without Pakistan being mortally threatened? How will PA respond? Last I heard the nukes are entirely in control by the PA.
                            Not going to happen. India sucks at propaganda warfare.

Comment

That is one aspect of warfare that I don't mind India not playing well. Winning the propaganda warfare doesn't really do that much good, only for domestic consumption. India has no need to win hearts and minds of the Pakistani people.

Comment

Perspective, indeed is a funny thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X