Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan likely to use Nuclear weapons on India "a few days" into war: US ambassador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by popillol View Post
    Are they capable of taking out Pakistan's nukes? NO
    Ok, you do know how the US is planning to take out a nuclear arsenal. Any nuclear arsensal. By using nukes. We're talking 1000 nukes being dropped on Pakistan and that is on top of the conventional strike platforms.

Now, before you clap with glee and the likes of SB jerked off, let me paint you a picture. At least 100 million people will be running away from the chaos and radiation. Where are they going to run off to? North to China? There's mountains and desert in the way. Afghanistan? The Indian Ocean?

And look at your monsoon season. Both you and Pakistan gets hit by the same monsoon, meaning the winds will just circle through both countries, meaning the radiation is coming down in both countries from that 1000 nuke strike.

Now, let's look at this further. You started a war, focing the US into a nuclear strike posture. Do you actually think the US at that point will allow you to keep your nukes? Or will they say enough is enough. India gives up its nukes too or a 2nd 1000 nuke strike package along the way.

Don't even think about forcing a nuclear war. Nobody wins. Nobody.
    Chimo

Comment

• I didn't know USA was taking out nukes with nukes. Really, not conventionally?
      Last edited by popillol; 12 Sep 14,, 19:55. Reason: late post

Comment

• If Pakistan and India were to engage in a conventional war the US would send a carrier group to the region and try to act as a mediator to calm things down. The US has no interest in India and Pakistan irradiating each other. If the India and Pakistan decide to nuke one another, the US would wait until the missiles quit flying and then try to help pick up the pieces along with the rest of the world.

The only scenario I can envision in which the US decides to try to seize or neutralize Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is if the Pakistani government or military is crumbling from within and it seems likely that they will lose control of their nukes. In this case the US "might" decide to try to secure or destroy some of the warheads.

The thing is, Pakistan's nukes just are't very threatening from the perspective of the US. Pakistan's largest ballistic missiles barely have the range to hit any major US allies, much less the US itself. So even if Osama Bin Laden had managed to get his finger on the big red button, he couldn't really harm the US.

Comment

I didn't know USA was taking out nukes with nukes. Really, not conventionally?
          Why would be pussyfooting with nukes? You want to play with nukes? Let's play because there's really only two powers ready to play.
          Chimo

Comment

• The whole scenario was based on the sole logic that USA would take Pakistan's nukes conventionally. So there would be no nuclear war. But if you say that USA will take out nuke by dropping a nuke, then the whole scenario crumbles. Then I should say sorry to disturb!

But I had read news stating USA has emergency procedures or atleast working on it to take out Pakistan's nukes. Did they mean the nuclear way??

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              You want to play with nukes? Let's
              play because there's really only two powers ready to play.
              Sure.

As I recall, one of those two stopped you from playing in 1971.

What makes you so sure of an unmolested 1000 nuke barrage now ?

Comment

But I had read news stating USA has emergency procedures or atleast working on it to take out Pakistan's nukes. Did they mean the nuclear way??
                What did you think they meant? Ask Pakistan very nicely to hand over her nukes?
                Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                  Sure.

As I recall, one of those two stopped you from playing in 1971.

What makes you so sure of an unmolested 1000 nuke barrage now ?
                  Wrong war. 1973.

Which I'm sure you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 12 Sep 14,, 20:25.
                  Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Wrong war. 1973.
                    We will happily dance with the devil if we have to survive.

Comment

• Lets say Nukes start flying, I have read somewhere that if around 100 Nukes are detonated ANYWHERE in the planet then that is the beginning of the End of the planet. It was a scientific paper but couldn't find the links though. Will post if I can find it.

Comment

• While the US could probably take out Pakistan’s nukes using conventional weapons given enough time, there wouldn’t be all that much time available once you started. If 20% of Pakistan’s arsenal just got taken out by US strikes, the Pakistanis are going to go into use it or lose it mode. Thus India and anyone else on Islamabad’s shit list are going to have nukes incoming very quickly.

Pakistan currently has a nuclear mix of hardened ballistic missile silos surrounded by air defenses, cruise missiles on camouflaged trucks, bombs and missiles delivered by aircraft, and cruise missiles on naval vessels. While none of these are invulnerable to US conventional weapons, the only way to kill them all simultaneously and prevent a Pakistani launch would be a massive nuclear strike by the US or Russia, as nobody else has the launch platforms to pull it off.

Comment

• The whole point was to cooperate with USA in getting out PA's nukes conventionally. Not starting a nuclear war. 1973 - Yom Kippur war, I believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                            We will happily dance with the devil if we have to survive.
                            Hehehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, sure. Where was Indian support for the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan? And if you were so sure, why the plans to Kamakaze the USS ENTERPRISE and attack Deigo Garcia. You really don't know the facts.

1971. It was a simple show of force by both sides. No intent to do anything.

1973. Both the US and the USSR had issued nuclear weapons release orders. Not even close to your little example.
                            Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
                              Lets say Nukes start flying, I have read somewhere that if around 100 Nukes are detonated ANYWHERE in the planet then that is the beginning of the End of the planet. It was a scientific paper but couldn't find the links though. Will post if I can find it.
                              Read Nuclear Warfare 102 & 103 :P

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
                                Lets say Nukes start flying, I have read somewhere that if around 100 Nukes are detonated ANYWHERE in the planet then that is the beginning of the End of the planet. It was a scientific paper but couldn't find the links though. Will post if I can find it.
                                That was Carl Sagan's myth and believe me, I once bought into it. Nukes are terrifying, especially when you're training to be on the receiving end.

However, no. It maybe the end of human civilization but not the end of the planet. We will have to recover from a stone age existence.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X