Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pakistan likely to use Nuclear weapons on India "a few days" into war: US ambassador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India starting a fight, then blackmailing the Pakistan way - Either help me, or you too go down with me, will be too much I guess
    (Americans will think what the hell??) :D (Joking)

Comment

• Originally posted by popillol View Post
      Oh no, I meant Pakistan, seeing it is going down, giving its nukes to say AQ? That is a significant threat which will force the Americans to act. (or not, i don't know)
      You just can't give a nuke to anyone. They have to be trained in the arming sequence and delivery procedures. Shake the nuke too much and the shaped charge would be thrown out of whack, causing a dud.
      Chimo

Comment

India starting a fight, then blackmailing the Pakistan way - Either help me, or you too go down with me, will be too much I guess
        (Americans will think what the hell??) :D (Joking)
        What did India do after 26/11? Jack.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          What did India do after 26/11? Jack.
          I am trying to figure out, if with the current armed forces level, could a political establishment having balls achieve long standing peace (read no Pakistan)? Or even with good enough political command, India needs to wait to get the victory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            You just can't give a nuke to anyone. They have to be trained in the arming sequence and delivery procedures. Shake the nuke too much and the shaped charge would be thrown out of whack, causing a dud.
            Will USA take that big a chance, that PA officials won't themselves help in nuking USA or AQ members can't be trained? Given that Pakistan knows it is going down.

Comment

I am trying to figure out, if with the current armed forces level, could a political establishment having balls achieve long standing peace (read no Pakistan)?
              No they can't. Do you have any idea the dire straits the Armed Forces are in? There are shortages of Anti-tank shells, Night-vision equipments, Artillery guns, heck even Jets. And more. Right now, we can safely leave the shortage of submarines. The only good thing in India is that it is the Government who decides, balls they lack since independence, whosoever was in power. Don't expect the current PM to be a Superman replica. He has fine oratory skills and the persona. But even he knows the ground reality.

Originally posted by popillol View Post
              Or even with good enough political command, India needs to wait to get the victory.
              There is no victory in a nuclear war. Most are dead and the remaining sick.
              Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

There is no victory in a nuclear war. Most are dead and the remaining sick.
                That (nuclear war) is the very thing that I am trying to figure out how to avoid. Roping in USA could do the trick, but they have to be made sure that they will be in harm's way if they do not act. One of the possibilities: PA itself plotting to attack USA or training AQ and other members. USA is the only power which could take out Pakistan's nukes

Comment

That (nuclear war) is the very thing that I am trying to figure out how to avoid. Roping in USA could do the trick, but they have to be made sure that they will be in harm's way if they do not act.
                  How exactly do you suggest we rope in US? By giving a candy to Obama? Nukes are for deterrence not for war-fighting. General Sundarji --> OOE.

One of the possibilities: PA itself plotting to attack USA or training AQ and other members. USA is the only power which could take out Pakistan's nukes
                  PA/ISI have been training AQ for decades. I do believe that if the next big attack in US, if traced back to Pakistan, the retaliation would be immeasurable. And US doesn't need nukes to flatten Pakistan.

Dude, take some time out and go through OOE's 26K posts. You would then have a much better understanding.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 12 Sep 14,, 19:27.

Comment

Nukes are for deterrence not for war-fighting. General Sundarji --> OOE.
                    And where did I mention that I am going to employ nukes. I am fighting a conventional war with Pakistan and forcing the conventional army of USA to take out the nukes of Pakistan!

Comment

• In fact, I am religiously abiding by Gen. Sunderji's saying that Nukes are for deterrence. Only here, I mean offensive deterrence. Forcing the US to think they will be attacked by Nukes and thus compel them to act and take out the nukes of Pakistan.

Comment

And where did I mention that I am going to employ nukes. I am fighting a conventional war with Pakistan and forcing the conventional army of USA to take out the nukes of Pakistan!
                        You were talking about nukes. And why in hell would you expect the US to fight a war for us? That is outright insulting. Our Armed Forces are capable enough to achieve objectives. And forcing the US? Really?

Comment

How exactly do you suggest we rope in US? By giving a candy to Obama?
                          No sir, not by giving candy to Obama but by making them think they will be in harm's way. Though I would prefer someone by Obama to be the president. Would give me confidence while bluffing No offence :whome:

Comment

You were talking about nukes. And why in hell would you expect the US to fight a war for us? That is outright insulting.
                            Don't get emotional. And aren't you reading, making them think they will be attacked by nukes if they don't get Pakistan's nukes out.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            Our Armed Forces are capable enough to achieve objectives.
                            Are they capable of taking out Pakistan's nukes? NO

Comment

In fact, I am religiously abiding by Gen. Sunderji's saying that Nukes are for deterrence. Only here, I mean offensive deterrence. Forcing the US to think they will be attacked by Nukes and thus compel them to act and take out the nukes of Pakistan.
                              How'd you force the US to think they'd be attacked with nukes? Views please.

No sir, not by giving candy to Obama but by making them think they will be in harm's way. Though I would prefer someone by Obama to be the president. Would give me confidence while bluffing No offence :whome:
                              How?

Comment

Don't get emotional. And aren't you reading, making them think they will be attacked by nukes if they don't get Pakistan's nukes out.

Are they capable of taking out Pakistan's nukes? NO
                                I'm not emotional. Again how?

Unless you come up with a solid reasoning, don't bother to reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X