Indianapolis 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis 500

No! It does not mean 500 Indians without nipples; it is the century old American motorsport icon, older than Coca Cola, Levies, and/or M.D, it is the world most single day sport spectacle ever. Oh yah, the number of spectators filling up those grand stands always exceed those of World Cup Finals (I call it Kick Ball some of you might call it Soccer or Football), Super Bowl and World Series.

Around 300,000 spectators will fill up the grand stands in the Brick Yard, and that does not include the tailgaters who will fill up the parking lots outside. Back in 80s and earlier the # of spectators in Brick Yard always exceeded the population of Indianapolis.

Indy 500 has never been an all American race and legends like Sterling Moss, Sir Jacky Stewart and Sir Jack Brabham will attest to the claim, but for decades it was all male race.
    Man! Am I glad to see it has transformed? 2011 Indy 500 grid lineup includes 4 beautiful ladies from around the world. Danica Patrick (US), Pippa Mann (Great Britain), Simona De Silvestro (Switzerland) and Ana Beatriz (Brazil) will race alongside their male contenders.

Beside 12 American, there will be 21 land fighter pilots from around the world who will fill up the traditional 33 position in the grid:
    Alex Tagliani…Canada (Pole sitter)
    Scott Dixon……New Zealand
    Oriol Servia…..Spain
    Will Power……Australia
    Dan Weldon….Great Britain
    Dario Franchitti..Scotland
    Takuma Sato…….Japan
    Vitor Meira………Brazil
    James Hinchcliffe…Canada
    Bertrand Baguette…Belgium
    Helio Castroneves….Brazil
    E.J Viso…………………Venezuela
    Justin Wilson…………Great Britain
    Jay Howard…………….Great Britain
    Tomas Schekter……..S.Africa
    Tony Kanaan……………Brazil
    Simona De Silvestro…Switzerland
    Paul Tracy………………Canada
    Ryan Briscoe…………..Australia
    Alex Lloyd …………….Great Britain
    Pippa Mann……………Great Britain
    Ana Beatriz…………….Brazil

Oh! Can’t even imagine how these land fighter pilots drive in speed over 235 mph (just over 420 kph for you Metricers) straight twd a concrete wall without lifting their right foot even a millimeter, and they do this for 500 miles.

Best of luck and I wish a safe race to all those Gladiators. As always it is tomorrow the Memorial weekend Sunday which will be broadcast live through ABC starting 11:00 am USCST.
    BTW: 1 of my employees has his own way of pronouncing the Indy 500, he calls it “Indianapolee Phy hunree” and he always put a smile on my face the way he say it.

Now don't get me wrong Ayra- open wheel cars are okay, and they are good girl's cars. They're only 1800 pounds, they have a little bitty 7" steering wheel with all the controls on buttons and a girl can get a handle on that. I like them okay.

And I will watch the 500, that's a given.

But the real race is in Charlotte- the Coca-Cola 600. 3400lb race cars with 14" steering wheels because that's how big they have to be to turn the car. And those are American V-8's, and they have to last an extra 100 miles before they blow up.

NASCAR, baby.

The race is in Charlotte.
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
      Now don't get me wrong Ayra- open wheel cars are okay, and they are good girl's cars. They're only 1800 pounds, they have a little bitty 7" steering wheel with all the controls on buttons and a girl can get a handle on that. I like them okay.

But the real race is in Charlotte- the Coca-Cola 600. 3400lb race cars with 14" steering wheels because that's how big they have to be to turn the car. And those are American V-8's, and they have to last an extra 100 miles before they blow up.

NASCAR, baby.

They're both pretty cool, girl's cars? - sure Danica Patrick, but NASCAR is the most important - no doubt. I bet Danica knows it too, but the Brickyard is just as special as any of the NASCAR tracks, they even use it for NASCAR don't they?
      Last edited by USSWisconsin; 29 May 11,, 02:14.
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Oh hell yeah, the Brickyard 500 is big league. I'm just funnin...

Here's a nice gratuitous pic of Danica just for good measure.
        Attached Files
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

NASCAR, baby.

Oh yah??
          1930 technology? Solid rear axle and still carbureted. What the heck is a Carburetor any way? And I can't stand D.W's narratives, he thinks he is still boot legging. But I must tip my hat to Ruby Gordon and Jimmy Stewart when they would finish Indy 500 then jump in their Biz jet and go to Charlotte and finish Coca-Cola 600. Dammit dat iz 1100 miles of racing in a single day.
          BTW: Don't get me wrong I'm a closet "Nafcaa" admirer I always prey for and wish the best for my hero AJ Allmendinger. #43 baby.:D

Comment

Oh hell yeah, the Brickyard 500 is big league. I'm just funnin...

Here's a nice gratuitous pic of Danica just for good measure.
            She sure is prettier than Mark Martin. Jamie Mcmurray and/or David Gilliland.
            Nothing wrong with her impressive physics, the way she looks she might sit down and teach racing "know how" to Cale Yarbrough and A.J Foyte or even Bill Elliot since they have never been over 200 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
              ...Don't get me wrong I'm a closet "Nafcaa" admirer I always prey for and wish the best for my hero AJ Allmendinger. #43 baby.:D
              Well your hero AJ has the hottest wife in Nascar, so someone is doing something right. ;)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by highsea; 29 May 11,, 03:13.

Comment

Well your hero AJ has the hottest wife in Nascar, so someone is doing something right. ;)

Really? Dario Franchitti is married to Ashley Judd who don't mind manipulating the cleavage when it is called for. Yum.

Comment

I don't want to be rude, but...

You know you gotta do a lot better than that. Come on, scroll up....

Comment

Okay then.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Okay then.
                      No wonder why would you need 4 Computers and several external storage. They are full of pictures, prolly some clips as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X