Balsa Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balsa Spitfire

Finally getting round to assembling this thing. It's been years and years since I did one of these and the skill sets are now sadly lacking but I'm using this kit to get back in the swing of things and go from there. I was originally going to power it and install a remote control but since it's a bit bodged I'm going to stick with the original rubber band powered design and let Barnaby do with it what he will. My next one which I will power is going to be a Corsair.
    The only change to the design on this will be I'll use balsa with thinned layers of dope as the skin to add rigidity (and hide my mistakes) so Barnaby can handle it without worrying about breaking the paper skin. It won't glide as well obviously but he doesn't care.

In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Wow, you look much younger than I imagined.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Wow, you look much younger than I imagined.

Leibniz

Comment

Sounds like my BF-109 I did a couple of years ago!! I need to re-start that also....LOL!

Comment

Love the guitars in the background, adds some extra interest to the scene. ;):)
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            Love the guitars in the background, adds some extra interest to the scene. ;):)
            Yamaha and Fender, both left hand strung. Annoys my friends that I can play their guitars and they can't play mine

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
            X