Man Turns to Human Balloon After Falling on Air Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Turns to Human Balloon After Falling on Air Hose

WELLINGTON, New Zealand – A truck driver from New Zealand said he felt “like a pork roast” as a compressed air hose pierced his buttock, forcing air into his body at 100 pounds a square inch.

Steven McCormack was standing on his truck’s foot plate Saturday when he slipped and fell.

The air hose broke off the air reservoir that powered the truck’s brakes, and when McCormack fell onto it, it began pumping air into his body.

He said he had no choice but to lie on the ground, “blowing up like a balloon.”

McCormack’s co-workers heard his screams and came over to him. One of them quickly released the safety valve to stop the air flow.

"I felt the air rush into my body, and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot," he told local media from his hospital bed in the town of Whakatane, on North Island's east coast. "I was blowing up like a football."

McCormack was rushed to the hospital with body swelling and fluid in his lung. Doctors said the air had separated the fat from muscle in his body – he was lucky it had not entered his bloodstream.

The 48-year-old said he felt like a ‘pork roast’ because his skin was crackling on the outside, but soft on the inside.
    Man Turns to 'Human Balloon' After Falling on Air Hose - FoxNews.com

What are the odds?

Now that I think about it, I should have put this in the "Only in New Zealand Thread."

No it wasn't me
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      No it wasn't me
      Oh....

There goes my smart-alecky comment for the day.....

Comment

No, seriously, an air-hose accidentally piercing his buttock.....pal-eeease.

Comment

I see a new trend in enemas....

Comment

You gotta admit, his comment about being a pork roast is kinda funny ;)
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Well blow me down , or up ,

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post

Well it did pierce his left cheek. Guess his aim was a little off!
                “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
                "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                  Was thinking violation of Newton's 3rd law of motion.

For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.

How long can one stay impaled(?) on to a hose pumping out air at 100psi

Comment

The story is very hard to beleive - how does an air hose pierce flesh? - and why doesn't it blow itself back out if it could?
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                      Was thinking violation of Newton's 3rd law of motion.

For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.

How long can one stay impaled(?) on to a hose pumping out air at 100psi
                      I have no idea....BUT...I bet his buttocks looked like a busted can of biscuits.

This article is really no good without PITCHERS !!! ;)

Comment

Don't wanna see any pictures

I am guessing that since he fell on it he was still laying on it so it couldn't come out. His body was instantly in shock with all the new, "sensations" and thus he may have lost major motor control of his muscles. It wouldn't take more that a couple of seconds to do major internal damage. I bet he has a good idea of what people feel like the day after lipo surgery.
                        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

I think it was a joint mounted on the truck, so fixed in position. His mum reckoned he had swelled up to 3 times his normal size, even his eyelids had swelled
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I wonder if the swelling affected his ...erm.....nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                              The story is very hard to beleive - how does an air hose pierce flesh? - and why doesn't it blow itself back out if it could?

Good question. I'll try it out later and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X