Mumbai Plotter Testifies About Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
    AM, were those people behind 9/11 in the USA? Was any one of them under direct influence from rogue CIA agents?
    Those who question the dominant 9/11 narrative would say yes.

And aside from that, has the US not had its own share of very high profile spies who supplied secret information to other nations for years?

And those who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks were in the US, they lived in the US, they trained at flight schools in the US, they received money from their sponsors in the US, they communicated with fellow terrorists while in the US - that much everyone agrees on.

And we do not at the moment know for certain whether Headley was under the 'direct influence' of 'rogue ISI agents'. Headley claims he was unsure of the true identity of 'Major Iqbal', so how could he be certain that Iqbal was a 'Major' or an 'ISI employee'?

Again, we will have to wait for the US prosecutors to make their case and see what evidence they provide to establish Iqbal's identity before determining whether Iqbal was actually an ISI agent, or PA/ISI reject like those who perpetrated the GHQ and PNS Mehran attacks.
    Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
    https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
      The ISI is just as 'incompetent or invovled' as the CIA in the 9/11 attacks, and perhaps less so than the CIA, given the far fewer resources at its disposal.
      Horse Puckey! Your national security service discover OBL's LOC in Pakistan. Yeah, your intelligence agency passed it on but the LOC was still on Pakistani territory. You mean to tell me that your ISI took the judgement of a foreign national service that this LOC discovered by your intelligence is worth crap?

That is gross negligence at best, complete incompetence and stupidity at reasonable assumption, and downright criminal to be perfectly frank. Your intelligence agency discovered a criminal network AND DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT. Yeah, the CIA told your guys to ignore it. Well, why the hell should your guys ignore a criminal network? And frankly, had it not occur to your guys that the CIA could be wrong?

No matter which way you slice it, blaming the CIA IS NOT GOING TO GET YOUR ISI OFF THE HOOK FOR NOT DOING THEIR JOBS. And frankly, we, in the west, are seriously questioning does your ISI want to do their jobs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Agnostic Muslim;811050]
        Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        Nope just that they aknowledge there are terror groups in the country training and living under their knowledge and more then likely being aided wether its intelligence wise or material wise from elements with the Pakistani establishment. Plain and simple.[/qutoe]
        So you are arguing yet again that the ISI/PA is assisting terrorists attacking the ISI/PA and damaging the economy and country whose prosperity is essential for them to remain a powerful force? Again, ludicrous argument.

The fact of the matter is that this conflict will take a lot of time, resources and a very comprehensive COIN/Counter Terrorism effort, and the military/ISI aspect of this conflict is only one part of a comprehensive effort. The terrorist/criminal/extremist groups continue to fester and survive not because the PA/ISI is not shooting enough bullets or dropping enough bombs, but because the application of the other components of COIN/COT (civilian - governance, development, economy. law and order) is seriously inadequate. The military could do a little more than it is currently, but the real need for improvement is on the civilian side in the areas mentioned.

People who cannot be bothered to understand the complexity of the conflict and the complexity of the solutions required, and want a 'McDonalds Drive Through Answer' will always think that way, and cannot be helped unless they expand their own mental horizons.

In the meantime, if you can use that 'opinion' to end the provision of US aid to Pakistan (since our civilian government and liberal traitors cannot muster the courage to reject it), many Pakistanis (most Pakistanis going by many polls) would be quite happy.

*What I am saying is that there are far to many coincidenses to rule out stupidity. There are no doubt either present or former members of the establishments in Pakistan that either pity these terrorists or there are those that know and turn a blind eye. Either way you slice it my friend your country in infested with terrorists and they will bring your country nothing but sad times, poorness and strife year after year as they get hunted for the acts they commit with your soverignty in tact or without (not our problem) it's going to happen and Pakistan itself will just keep flushing the toilet until a better deal comes along from another ally with a good heart until they run out and everyhting gets f&^ked up from a world court or worldwide consenses. Good Luck with the stupid card it wont last long under even reasonable circumstances.
        Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Jun 11,, 04:35.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

In the meantime, if you can use that 'opinion' to end the provision of US aid to Pakistan (since our civilian government and liberal traitors cannot muster the courage to reject it), many Pakistanis (most Pakistanis going by many polls) would be quite happy.

*If I personally could, no doubt (at all) I would as a practical human being and love of my own country and use that money in my own country where I atleast know it would produce tangible results unlike there. And much better results then funding a military that refuses to do the job its supposed to perform.

Face it, pride or no pride your countries governemnt would be piss poor without that aid and more then likely overthrown if not attacked by another country outright for the acts those individuals commit and exist on your soil. It's all well and good to you but unfortunately Pakistan itself will never cure its problem of terrorism in your views which is ofcoarse very unfortunate for the countries population which should come first and foremost instead of nationalistic pride against a proven and known long term problem of terrorism.

Have fun living in the stone age when everyone has had enough and no longer gives a f&%k about the population of Pakistan due to the protection and aid of terrorists from your government and its brances it refuses to recognize or even confront for that matter.

They are so dam worried that they wont have a say in Afghan politics that they are willing to risk the future and people of Pakistan without even the truth.

Who will you point the finger at and ignore then wise ass?

IMO, (and strictly mine) that country is going to remain a toilet, nothing more, nothing less with an attitude just like yours.

Enjoy, I just wait for the day the US pulls the plug and wises up.

Its still not going to stop the hunt WHEREVER it may be though. IMO.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Jun 11,, 05:37.

Comment

Leaving aside the bravado and false pride of some Pakistanis, I think a failed Pakistan is going to be a nightmare for the world and especially for India.

They know it and exploit it so well. But they still want to keep it on the precipice so that they can keep on extracting the juice.

It is finally upto the Pakistanis to reverse it, with an attitude like this one can't be hopeful.
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

I keep hearing this foolish refrain from many Pakistani quarters. The writing on the wall is clear and has been for many years now.

Pakistan remained Pakistan (albeit half of what it started out with) BECAUSE of the US for all these decades.

Pakistan will also cease to be Pakistan BECAUSE of the same US.

You do not enjoy someone else's money and protection when it suits you. And then try to say bye bye when it does not.

Definitely not when that someone carries the bigger gun.

The pound of flesh will be taken. Whether you like it or not. Dharnas, bomb blasts, stick-on halo sob stories, and online tantrums or not.

And the supposedly enlightened broad-minded posters from that country here are fooling no one with stories of the good fight and wanting to clean up their act and become (finally) a non-radical responsible nation.

Not when all recent polls show that regardless of the politicians or the army/ISI, the common Pakistani on the road, well at least 7 out of 10, sees the solution of all the ills of his/her country to come in the form of further and complete Islamisation of the state.

This is not denial or clutching at straws or turning to God of a dying man.

This is simply ripping off the mask and exposing what has been fomenting there for 60 years.

Cheers, Doc
              Last edited by vsdoc; 02 Jun 11,, 07:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Horse Puckey! Your national security service discover OBL's LOC in Pakistan. Yeah, your intelligence agency passed it on but the LOC was still on Pakistani territory. You mean to tell me that your ISI took the judgement of a foreign national service that this LOC discovered by your intelligence is worth crap?
                Where exactly did you hear/read that the ISI discovered OBL's location in Pakistan?

From what I understand, they passed on certain information on an individual that they thought was connected to OBL, the US did the electronic monitoring of that individual based on ISI, figured out the identity of the courier using both the information provided by the ISI and other sources, and then tracked the courier to OBl's location. IMO, while the ISI provided a key piece of the puzzle that allowed the US to develop intelligence leading to OBL's location, there is nothing to support your argument that the ISI was aware of the location itself, or the exact identity of the courier.

If you disagree with the above, I would like to know on what basis.

Well, why the hell should your guys ignore a criminal network? And frankly, had it not occur to your guys that the CIA could be wrong?
                OBL was a CIA priority, not an ISI one. Most Pakistanis, and that would include the military, political and intelligence leadership, believed OBL to be dead or in hiding around the Afghan-Pakistan border.

And frankly, we, in the west, are seriously questioning does your ISI want to do their jobs.
                You can question all you want, but unless you want to provide the ISI with the same ELINT/SIGINT capabilities as the NSA/CIA, that allowed the US to track down the courier based on multiple sources of information, your 'questioning' is duplictious and self-serving.
                Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah

Comment

*What I am saying is that there are far to many coincidenses to rule out stupidity.
                  Far too many 'coincidences'?

So even ignoring the 9/11 intelligence failures, what about the underwear bomber?

Here you have a nation and intelligence on high alert for terrorist attacks, you have the guy in your database as a security threat, his own dad, a very high ranking government figure in Nigeria, rats out his son and expresses concern over his potential 'extremist ties', the guy also travels to Yemen, and despite all of that 'forewarning', he manages to board a plane to the US with explosives in his underwear that he manages to detonate (unsuccessfully).

One would think that the CIA wanted that guy to blow up the airplane.

How much more information did they need to stop the guy?
                  Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 02 Jun 11,, 15:05.

Comment

*If I personally could, no doubt (at all) I would as a practical human being and love of my own country and use that money in my own country where I atleast know it would produce tangible results unlike there. And much better results then funding a military that refuses to do the job its supposed to perform.

Face it, pride or no pride your countries governemnt would be piss poor without that aid and more then likely overthrown if not attacked by another country outright for the acts those individuals commit and exist on your soil. It's all well and good to you but unfortunately Pakistan itself will never cure its problem of terrorism in your views which is ofcoarse very unfortunate for the countries population which should come first and foremost instead of nationalistic pride against a proven and known long term problem of terrorism.

Have fun living in the stone age when everyone has had enough and no longer gives a f&%k about the population of Pakistan due to the protection and aid of terrorists from your government and its brances it refuses to recognize or even confront for that matter.

They are so dam worried that they wont have a say in Afghan politics that they are willing to risk the future and people of Pakistan without even the truth.

Who will you point the finger at and ignore then wise ass?

IMO, (and strictly mine) that country is going to remain a toilet, nothing more, nothing less with an attitude just like yours.

Enjoy, I just wait for the day the US pulls the plug and wises up.

Its still not going to stop the hunt WHEREVER it may be though. IMO.
                    My position of rejecting/ending US aid to Pakistan is a very practical one, and one that would improve Pakistan's situation when accompanied with the necessary tax and other reforms.

Most Pakistanis support this position, it is only the vocal minority libera 'bayghairat brigade' in the English media that continues to call for Pakistani subservience to the US, and continued dependance on US handouts (which are no where close to what the US media claims in any case).

Comment

Originally posted by vsdoc View Post
                      I keep hearing this foolish refrain from many Pakistani quarters. The writing on the wall is clear and has been for many years now.

Pakistan remained Pakistan (albeit half of what it started out with) BECAUSE of the US for all these decades.

Pakistan will also cease to be Pakistan BECAUSE of the same US.

You do not enjoy someone else's money and protection when it suits you. And then try to say bye bye when it does not.

Definitely not when that someone carries the bigger gun.

The pound of flesh will be taken. Whether you like it or not. Dharnas, bomb blasts, stick-on halo sob stories, and online tantrums or not.

And the supposedly enlightened broad-minded posters from that country here are fooling no one with stories of the good fight and wanting to clean up their act and become (finally) a non-radical responsible nation.

Not when all recent polls show that regardless of the politicians or the army/ISI, the common Pakistani on the road, well at least 7 out of 10, sees the solution of all the ills of his/her country to come in the form of further and complete Islamisation of the state.

This is not denial or clutching at straws or turning to God of a dying man.

This is simply ripping off the mask and exposing what has been fomenting there for 60 years.

Cheers, Doc
                      Sorry, but given your past comments full of racist/ethnic denigration, I find nothing you have to say as meaningful or objective.

Cheers Doc.

Comment

My position of rejecting/ending US aid to Pakistan is a very practical one, and one that would improve Pakistan's situation when accompanied with the necessary tax and other reforms.

Most Pakistanis support this position, it is only the vocal minority libera 'bayghairat brigade' in the English media that continues to call for Pakistani subservience to the US, and continued dependance on US handouts (which are no where close to what the US media claims in any case).

Your position to Pakistan being aid free imediately will only bring about one thing in the short term. Civil War. This is also one of the reasons Pakistan is courting China. Aid.

Pakistan being aid free though has zero to do with the problem at hand though. If they were reluctant to hunt these groups even with aid what makes you think they would without it at all. As you can see they are far from finacially independent. You cannot strenghten an economy or a nation for that matter during caos. That in plain words is another way of saying if you continue to allow terrorists on your soil you will have nothing but attacks on your soil in reprisal and its not like its going to go away anytime soon even if the US withdrew all aid, if they find them they are going to kill them when given the chance and Pakistan can scream soverignty till their blue in the face but it wont matter they will still continue. All the while Pakistan as a country will continue to get attacked from the inside from terrorists that are pissed that the US attacks continue no matter the aid or connections or politics.

And thats ok because most Americans IMO, dont really care for them either. Its our money given to your country in aid by our government but make no mistake it is US Taxpayer money from their pockets. They would probably like nothing more then to use that money for many other purposes in their lives.

*Now umm on to how much: If you disagee with the prices then I suggest you contact the author down below.

It's All Your Money: U.S. Aid to Pakistan
                        Foreign aid is always controversial, especially at a time when the United States is broke, when U.S. government audits show that the money given to other nations is wasted and misused and when countries that receive the money frankly don’t like the United States.

The latest country under scrutiny is Pakistan.

More than $20 billion has been given to Pakistan since Sept. 11, 2001. President Obama is proposing almost $3 billion in aid for the supposed ally in the War on Terror for fiscal year 2012. That includes:

- $1.6 billion for police and military;

- $150 million for what the State Department calls "good government and democracy building";

- $122 million for health, AIDS and "family planning";

- $145 million for education.

The rest goes to economic development and humanitarian assistance.

Despite all of the aid given to Pakistan, polls show the country has a negative view of the U.S. A 2010 BBC poll found that 52 percent of Pakistanis don’t like the U.S. A majority oppose U.S. drone strikes against the Taliban, and the Pakistani Parliament on Saturday

Now with the recent discovery and death of Usama bin Laden, some U.S. lawmakers are questioning why we continue to support the nation that may have harboring the most wanted terrorist.

Congressman Dana Rohrabacher(R-Cal), who serves on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, has introduced a bill to cut off aid completely. Rohrabacher believes the discovery of bin Laden’s compound is proof that Pakistan’s leaders have been enabling al Qaida and the Taliban.

“ They’ve been arming these people to kill our troops,” said Rohrabacher. “They nuzzle up to communist China, they’ve been building nukes at our expense and now we know they have been giving aid and comfort to Usama bin Laden.”

Rohrabacher says continuing to aid Pakistan makes the U.S. look foolish.

“The fact is the Pakistanis are treating us like fools because we're acting like fools. We're giving money to someone who obviously is working against the basic interests and national security interests of our own country.”

Yet there are others who say the U.S. should continue its aid to Pakistan. They believe cutting development aid would have an even more negative effect.

“I think it's really crucial that we don’t back away specifically our humanitarian and economic assistance,” said Rebecca Winthrop, Director of the Center for Universal Education at the Brookings Institution. “That is a critical ingredient especially things like education and job creation for a stable long term Pakistan which is in our national security interest.”

Winthrop says the U.S. needs to evaluate its aid models and make sure it is properly dispersed. “I think what we need to do is redouble our efforts in the economic assistance, humanitarian aid, education would be a great thing to fund, because that is really what the Pakistani citizens want.”

How much does the President's proposed $3 billion in aid to Pakistan cost you?

Click here to use the taxpayer calculator

While foreign aid is less than 2 percent of the federal budget and Pakistan gets less than Israel & Egypt, here's another way to look at the $3 billion.

Excluding Social Security and Medicare, a married couple earning $50,000 pays $260 a year in income taxes. At that rate, 11 million Americans would have to work an entire year just to pay for the aid to Pakistan.

Fox News' Laura Prabucki contributed to this report.

foxnews

*Just wanted you to see exactly what that aid money being withdrawn would effect and I can pretty much imagine that if those programs got that money then the people much be a little bit pissed about loosing it when as you can see it effects a mutitude of programs.

Comment

Sorry, but given your past comments full of racist/ethnic denigration, I find nothing you have to say as meaningful or objective.

Cheers Doc.
                          I doubt I have anything in common with either your race or your ethnicity man, and you know me well enough from the year I spent amongst you to know that its not your race or your ethnicity that pisses me off. Or that pisses one billion plus Indians off for that matter.

But I don't expect you guys to get it. Ever. You're just not wired that way. Down to your most basic cellular double-helix. You will always pull religion into the picture. You always have. Its subliminal.

And it came home to me most strongly the day I was having a long heated debate with one of yours on messenger one day - an India v Pakistan debate. And at the end of it in total frustration I am asked this - "But Doc, you are Persian and come from the same stock as us and are closer to our thoughts and beliefs. Then why are you always supporting these Hindus?"

Nothing you say is vastly brilliant in its meaningfulness or objectivity either. I see through you and your shallow measured reasonableness and sophistry. I always have. And that is what you actually find difficult to stomach. Especially that you now no longer hold the magic "ban" button in your hands.

Stay tuned. I will continue to post at my own discretion and the indulgence and within the bounds of the authorities here. Whether you agree or not, whether you respond or not is nowhere near the top of my priority list.

So don't be sorry unnecessarily. I'm not.

Cheers, Doc
                          Last edited by vsdoc; 03 Jun 11,, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by vsdoc View Post
                            I doubt I have anything in common with either your race or your ethnicity man, and you know me well enough from the year I spent amongst you So
                            I know you well enough to have made the comment in my last post.

Whether you are sorry or not doesn't really matter given your mindset, made clear by the racist, prejudiced and hateful content of your posts.

My point was to merely inform you that I therefore have no time to engage with the nonsensical and hateful commentary you post.

Cheers and adios Doc.

Comment

Your position to Pakistan being aid free imediately will only bring about one thing in the short term. Civil War. This is also one of the reasons Pakistan is courting China. Aid.
                              There will be no 'civil war' - there might be an overthrow of the government to bring about the necessary economic and governance reforms. I fail to see on what basis you are arguing that US aid is staving off 'civil war'.

And China is being courted for the right kind of 'Aid' - investment and financing of power plants, dams, highways, Nuclear Power and Military Hardware acquisition with fewer strings (or less objectionable strings, at the moment) than those offered by the US.

Pakistan being aid free though has zero to do with the problem at hand though. If they were reluctant to hunt these groups even with aid what makes you think they would without it at all. As you can see they are far from finacially independent. You cannot strenghten an economy or a nation for that matter during caos. That in plain words is another way of saying if you continue to allow terrorists on your soil you will have nothing but attacks on your soil in reprisal and its not like its going to go away anytime soon even if the US withdrew all aid, if they find them they are going to kill them when given the chance and Pakistan can scream soverignty till their blue in the face but it wont matter they will still continue. All the while Pakistan as a country will continue to get attacked from the inside from terrorists that are pissed that the US attacks continue no matter the aid or connections or politics.
                              The question is not about hunting or not hunting these groups, it is about pursuing policies independent of US pressure and influence. A rejection/end to US aid would go a long way in removing US influence over Pakistan.

And thats ok because most Americans IMO, dont really care for them either. Its our money given to your country in aid by our government but make no mistake it is US Taxpayer money from their pockets. They would probably like nothing more then to use that money for many other purposes in their lives.
                              Please use it for some 'other purpose then'. When it comes to US taxes, I pay my fair share as well, and I don't really like lining the pockets of Zardari and Company with them.
                              *Now umm on to how much: If you disagee with the prices then I suggest you contact the author down below.
                              Here read these two articles:

US assistance: Differing perceptions – The Express Tribune

The politics of aid – The Express Tribune

This thread on another forum has quite a bit more in terms of articles and analysis covering US aid to Pakistan, but the link may or may not be allowed by the mods here:

Where did the US Aid to Pakistan go?
                              Last edited by Agnostic Muslim; 03 Jun 11,, 13:33.

Comment

There will be no 'civil war' - there might be an overthrow of the government to bring about the necessary economic and governance reforms. I fail to see on what basis you are arguing that US aid is staving off 'civil war'.

Well lets see, the extremeists obviously have no problem in targeting the Army, Navy and civilians. Particulary the civilians. So what makes you believe they would not overthrow but rather attack and murder the reigning government officials at will?

There are also those that wish to move on with their lives and live in peace and those that simpithize with these groups and would rather burn American flags in protest when we have to take them out. Sooner or later they are going to ram heads. Its only a question of when particulary when the people themselves are unhappy with the government and the military at present.

Go ahead and remove all aid from Pakistan and just watch what happens next. One can imagine it wont be pretty.

Please use it for some 'other purpose then'. When it comes to US taxes, I pay my fair share as well, and I don't really like lining the pockets of Zardari and Company with them.

You know something rocket scientist, Right now in my country I KNOW FOR FACT there are Americans who have suffered strife via Tornadoes, Floods, Starving, Homeless, Jobless etc etc etc that could readily use that money and are far more deserving of it, would be very thankfull for it and yet wouldnt even dream of burning the American flag even if they were pissed with the governemnt or its methods. And the funny thing is, the very first words out of their mouth would probably be a heartfelt "thank you".

I would sooner give it to them (without even one thought) then anyone in that toilet of terrorism you call a country. Where at the slightest instance come into the streets, curse my country and burn my flag and support groups that murder our soldiers and slip back across the border into the toilet. I say **** all of them!

And as far as I care the US could nuke the entire place without warning and I wouldnt give a shit outside the fact of the enviromental ramifications.

What we know is what that aid is SUPPOSED to be for. Not exactly what it goes to though and thats not our problem. It is if we continue to give it and me, I'm definately opposed to it and I say after the US is out of Afghanistan if its ever attacked by any terrorist that hails from that prehistoric shit hole to nuke it without warning and teach it a lesson once and for all. Maybe they will pick better leaders next time, if there is a next time.

I dont believe for one instant that all are bad in Pakistan, I do believe there is not enough though to change that countries ways and therefore dont care.

If you could hand me that check for aid, I would snatch it from your hands and be gone so fast your f%^&!n head would spin circles for days while on my way to people I KNOW FOR FACT deserve it ten times more then that country ever will no matter what they promise.

When that aid is gone, and the people are in the streets calling for the governments and officails heads because their infastructure has collapsed, military is broken and the US is still bombing terrorists there with impunity, You can stand there and explain to them just how bright there future looks and how much more proud they can be now that they recieve no aid from the US at all. I bet you dont last five minutes longer then the government will at that point.

Make the check payable to:

American Taxpayers relief fund who are sick of the lies and bullshit from a terrorist supporting nation that cares more about soverignty over a shit hole no less then it does its own population and their future.

Amount: say 20 billion (covering intrest ofcoarse)

Sign it : The assholes that just refuse to do whats right by its own people and the civilized world.

Trust me, you wont here from us ever again unless attacked, and THEN the rest of the civilized world wont ever here from your country again.

I'll be waiting for the check in the mail genius.

Whats the hold up already?
                                Last edited by Dreadnought; 03 Jun 11,, 18:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X