Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airsoft Megastore Rallies Airsoft Community to Oppose California Senate Bill 798

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft Megastore Rallies Airsoft Community to Oppose California Senate Bill 798

I don't see the problem with coloring toy guns... a quick Google shows me the people who buy these dress up like Delta Force ninjas...

Airsoft Megastore Rallies Airsoft Community to Oppose California Senate Bill 798

As the California State Senate considers passing SB 798, a bill mandating that Airsoft guns be colored to look like toy guns, Airsoft Megastore has taken steps to rally Airsoft enthusiasts to take political action in opposition to this controversial bill that will place citizens in harm's way, kill thousands of Airsoft industry jobs in California and infringe on the rights of Airsoft users.

Baldwin Park, CA (PRWEB) May 20, 2011

Airsoft Megastore has recently launched a political effort to repeal California Senate Bill 798, which passed the Senate Public Safety Committee on March 26, 2011. If SB 798 passes the California State Senate, it will prohibit “the sale, manufacture, transportation, receipt, or distribution of imitation firearms for commercial purposes,” unless they are comprised of “white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern.”

In short, the bill mandates that Airsoft guns be manufactured in the same colors as toy guns. Airsoft guns are not toys. These replica firarms shoot Airsoft pellets at very high rates of speed and, if misused, they can cause significant physical trauma. Airsoft guns are intended for adult and adult-supervised use only and should be differentiated from everyday toy guns accordingly. Current law requires that Airsoft guns feature a visible, bright-orange tip. This tip allows individuals to easily distinguish Airsoft guns from real firearms, while still underscoring that they are more than toy guns.

SB 798 will create dangerous confusion between toy guns and Airsoft guns. Parents will be less likely to supervise their use and children less likely to use the correct safety precautions, resulting in more injuries and a greater threat to the community at large. Not only will the bill place California citizens in harms way, but it will also force a number of Airsoft companies out of the state. California stands to lose thousands of Airsoft industry jobs as well as tens of millions of dollars in annual tax revenue generated by the sale of Airsoft products.

For these reasons, Airsoft Megastore has launched a “Save Airsoft – Stop SB 798” initiative. They have created an informational video and provide a form letter with detailed instructions for contacting Kevin De Leon, the California Senator responsible for the bill. By empowering Airsoft enthusiasts to make their voice known, Airsoft Megastore hopes to overturn this misguided bill and restore reason to Airsoft legislation.

Read more: Airsoft Megastore Rallies Airsoft Community to Oppose California Senate Bill 798 | Benzinga.com
    Last edited by troung; 25 May 11,, 05:21.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

How about this one? Real, or not?

It's a real AR-15. Color doesn't mean squat.

Comment

The orange tip means exactly that it's not a real weapon.It's clear for everyone,even those too dumb to breathe.That's just another measure by the clueless politicos that have nothing else to do.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I've never seen much point in airsoft or paintball. Nor have I ever seen much point in California.

Comment

Very cheap force on force training for cqb.Almost as good as simunition training from what I've heard.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

And it's great for releasing aggression, playing "soldier" and causing your friends massive amounts of pain
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I would color my guns to look like toy guns if I were a crook...

I can see Kommiefornia pass a law in the future mandating that real guns need to be black or silver/chrome...
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                How about this one? Real, or not?

Hell yeah those are real.
                "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                  How did I know you were going to make that remark?

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    How did I know you were going to make that remark?
                    How long have you had these psychic abilities?
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                      Ummm....I'm seriously hoping that pic was something chogy pulled off the internet and not someone actually related to him.

We'll know soon enough if I see a news story about a retired AF guy stealing a Strike Eagle and bombing Portland. :)

Besides, why are you guys talking metaphorically about boobies when she's showing that much pink???

Comment

Let's say 5-year old little Susie goes into mommy's room to play dress-up and finds this hot pink barbie gun in mommy's closet?

Comment

I'm gonna assume that whoever takes this much care of their gun is not gonna be stupid enough to leave it out, but rather will keep it in a gun safe.

Besides, she'd have to be really, Really, REALLY all different kinds of dumb to keep a loaded assault rifle in an area accessible to kids.
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Oh, thou foul male beasties... We could be experiencing the end-of-days, and 3/4 of the males on the planet would be checking out boobies. Those not would all be under 12 years old.

She is a random picture, and now I can't look at it without... seeing... them.

Comment

If only criminals were smart enough to dress up their guns like this:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X