Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't the world do something against the ISI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ISI on the List of Terrorist Organizations assembled by the US State Dept. ??

If not, maybe some concerned individuals could initiate the necessary procedures to get it investigated for possible inclusion.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by qnextt View Post
      Is ISI on the List of Terrorist Organizations assembled by the US State Dept. ??

If not, maybe some concerned individuals could initiate the necessary procedures to get it investigated for possible inclusion.

Just a thought.
      i,m sure us state dept has it on some kind of list not available to public.
      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
        There is absolutely no proof that ISI or the State of Pakistan were behind the attacks on 26/11, its mere speculation.
        Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

And, let me guess, there is absolutely no proof that it was Pakistanis that committed the acts in the first place, right?
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
          I'm sure us state dept has it on some kind of list not available to the public.
          Why would the list be not available to the public? What list is that?

As I know, the State Department's information on this topic is available on their website. Wiki also has a detailed article about the list, with relevant links. See --

U.S. State Department list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations
          U.S. State Department list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Wow. Are you serious? Do you know ANYTHING about politics? Didn't the big Wikileaks scandal last year tell you ANYTHING about what is and is not (normally) made public? If we actually started putting countries on a list that WAS available to the public, we would a.) alienate (I know, big word) half of them, and b.) lose all credibility with the other half.

There are two sides to ALL international political relationships: the public side, and the private side. I'm guessing about 75% of the REAL work takes place on the private side; the public only gets to see (or hear about) the 25% that works. Ever heard of a guy named Prince Bandar bin Sultan? He was the Saudi ambassador to the US for a couple of decades; I would say 90% of his effectiveness came about from things that the public NEVER knew about, and may never know.

The world of international politics is almost as murky as the world of international espionage, just a little nicer (sometimes); the only list you'll see is the list they WANT you to see.
            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

I'm afraid he is serious, that is the saddest part
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

There's a long list of reasons why we shouldn't act against the ISI but as a general rule and not related to the ISI particularly; you don't call someone your enemy until you have to.

Comment

Working...
                X