Celebrating the Nackba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrating the Nackba

May 15th is the day when Palestinians commemorate the "tragedy" and the "disaster" of the founding of the Jewish state. Throughout the month of March there was a massive cry on Facebook for a Third Intifada to start on May 15th, and the group had over 300,000 members.

So far today there has been:

An Arab truck driver goes on a rampage in Tel Aviv for 2km, taking out cars, motorcycles and buses, with 17 injured and 1 dead.

Someone shot into the Druze village of Majdal Shams, with 10-20 injured so far and reports of 4 dead. Initial reports indicate it was a Palestinian or Israeli-Arab doing the shooting, though the reasons are as of yet unknown

30 protestors tried to cause damage to the border fence from the Syrian side of the border and only dispersed when warning shots were fired in the air.

In southern Lebanon thousands gathered in the village of Marun-a-Ras. Several hundred tried marching towards the Israeli border and only dispersed when warning shots were fired in the air by the Lebanese Army.

In Gaza the IDF shot someone that was trying to place a bomb by the Security Fence, and has had to shoot at the legs of Palestinian protestors marching on the Erez Checkpoint.

In Ramallah a 63 second long siren was sounded, followed by a rally, but at the moment it seems things remain peaceful.

In Northern Jerusalem hundreds of Palestinians are congregating near the Calandia Checkpoint and are rioting, and throwing stones and Molotov cocktails and have been dispersed with tear gas.

In East Jerusalem a police officer has been wounded by stone throwing.

Three Molotov cocktails were thrown at the rear entry of Hadassah Hospital in Ein Kerem, Jerusalem.

In Gaza, Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh spoke before 10,000 worshipers and proclaimed that this year they will "end the Zionist project in Palestine".

In the Gush Etzion region, near the villages of Beit-Umar, Bir Zeit and Anata, hundreds of Palestinians are rioting and throwing stones, and the IDF is responding with stun grenades and tear gas.

More information of riots is coming in by the minute.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Sounds like any other day in Israel, or I am wrong?

I remember when a friend with Jewish roots was on a visit to Israel in 1998, he told me there was a curfew lasting 4 days at the time of their arrival and was about to end 2 days later. Meaning only Sunday was open for biz. It was weird to me as curfew translated literally in Macedonian language means "police hour". Is it still like that in bordering cities?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
    X