• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions on the Moscow military parade

Moscow military parade, 9th of May, 2011

(look for other parts on youtube)

What is your opinion:

1) is it ok for the Supreme Commander (i.e. Medvedev) to greet the troops sitting in an arm-chair?

2) is it ok for non-warring troops to march in field uniform? Besides, personally I thing that this new uniforms lacks traditional charisma and brutality and look too "Sweedish" (except for those of the Naval Infantry),

Zampolit Reply

"What is your opinion:

1) is it ok for the Supreme Commander (i.e. Medvedev) to greet the troops sitting in an arm-chair?

2) is it ok for non-warring troops to march in field uniform? Besides, personally I thing that this new uniforms lacks traditional charisma and brutality and look too "Sweedish" (except for those of the Naval Infantry)..."

Sure. Let medvedev take a seat. This isn't a war. It's a parade. He's not a soldier.

I'd prefer dress-uniforms for the troops. As a boy I remember my dad getting ready for a visit to Frankfurt by John Kennedy where he'd do a driveby of the 3rd Armored Division. My dad spent a week polishing his boots, brass and helmet. My mom went to the hair-dresser and bought a new dress.

The Pakistanis and Indians seem to do it up right. Brits and you guys are fun-loving types that like a parade. I love watching the cadets and midshipmen march into the stadium for the Army-Navy football game.

We all need more parades...
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

S2

Originally posted by S2 View Post

I'd prefer dress-uniforms for the troops. As a boy I remember my dad getting ready for a visit to Frankfurt by John Kennedy where he'd do a driveby of the 3rd Armored Division. My dad spent a week polishing his boots, brass and helmet. ......We all need more parades...
      Regarding polishing things....imagine what these poor buggers go through getting ready for a parade!!!!

Regards

Arty
      "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Agree with Steve on this one , hey arty , they start on their kit weeks before a parade and it never ends ,a continuos task , but jeez they look the real deal huh .Unlike us tankies covered in oil n crasp , grease monkies to be sure
        Last edited by tankie; 21 May 11,, 15:02.

Comment

Working...
        X