Revenge: Al Queda Hypocrisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenge: Al Queda Hypocrisy

(CAIRO) — Al-Qaeda confirmed the killing of Osama bin Laden Friday and vowed revenge, saying Americans' "happiness will turn to sadness" in the first statement by the terror network since its leader was slain in a U.S. commando raid against his Pakistani hideout.

Bin Ladin directed the attack on the World Trade Center and declared war on the US. The US found him and killed him. Now Al Queda seeks revenge. To me that is an idiotic response. Even by their own convoluted code one would think they'd admit that vengeance belonged to the US after 9/11. What's so special about their leaders that they are not fair game in a war? Their vow of revenge is nothing but hypocrisy.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

They've become an institution now.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
      Bin Ladin directed the attack on the World Trade Center and declared war on the US. The US found him and killed him. Now Al Queda seeks revenge. To me that is an idiotic response. Even by their own convoluted code one would think they'd admit that vengeance belonged to the US after 9/11. What's so special about their leaders that they are not fair game in a war? Their vow of revenge is nothing but hypocrisy.
      In thier mind, and I say "mind" for lack of any other description, we offended them first. UBL "avenged" our transgressions(by being there) in the Muslim east, hence, by killing him, again we have it coming to us.

You just gotta keep score better and try to remember what started all this in the first place.:)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
        In thier mind, and I say "mind" for lack of any other description, we offended them first. UBL "avenged" our transgressions(by being there) in the Muslim east, hence, by killing him, again we have it coming to us.

You just gotta keep score better and try to remember what started all this in the first place.:)
        lol...snipes. You got a point there. But you have to admit those Al Queda types think they have an exclusive right to revenge. But I hasten to add that what we did was avenge 9/11 which is a lot different than revenge. Look it up.

Comment

True, but our reasons for engaging an enemy is usually(I mean always) far different from theirs. What we consider an offront is usually times more than what they would.

Thing is, its fairly difficult for most educated folks to see it the way that they do.

Comment

...Thing is, its fairly difficult for most educated folks to see it the way that they do.
            And yet many of them are very well educated.

Even as we we go out of our way to insist that we are not at war with Islam, we ignore the fact that a significant portion of Islam is at war with us.
            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

True, but our reasons for engaging an enemy is usually(I mean always) far different from theirs. What we consider an offront is usually times more than what they would.

Thing is, its fairly difficult for most educated folks to see it the way that they do.
              I've tried on their view to see it their way. There are 2 parts to it. The political/religious objective and the means to the end.

They want to revive the Caliphate and purify and spread Islam, which we would have assuredly resisted through non-violent means. They had at their disposal various means to push their cause, violent and non-violent. Educated though they might have been they chose a strategy that history shows is rarely ever successful: terrorism.

So, from a strategic POV, I think they made a big mistake by opting for terrorism. For one thing, they are so immersed in it they can't pull back without seeming to admit defeat. Nor can they easily reconstitute themselves into non-violent political group.

And from a moral-religious POV, it doesn't makes sense that deliberately shredding the flesh of innocent people will win you widespread popular support. Only oppressors discount popular support. I think mainstream Muslims sense this and that's why AQ is headed for the dump.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                And yet many of them are very well educated.

Even as we we go out of our way to insist that we are not at war with Islam, we ignore the fact that a significant portion of Islam is at war with us.
                Yes, and though educated, that education is tainted by a religious belief that trumps all secular logic or human right.

Comment

I've tried on their view to see it their way. There are 2 parts to it. The political/religious objective and the means to the end.

They want to revive the Caliphate and purify and spread Islam, which we would have assuredly resisted through non-violent means. They had at their disposal various means to push their cause, violent and non-violent. Educated though they might have been they chose a strategy that history shows is rarely ever successful: terrorism.

So, from a strategic POV, I think they made a big mistake by opting for terrorism. For one thing, they are so immersed in it they can't pull back without seeming to admit defeat. Nor can they easily reconstitute themselves into non-violent political group.

And from a moral-religious POV, it doesn't makes sense that deliberately shredding the flesh of innocent people will win you widespread popular support. Only oppressors discount popular support. I think mainstream Muslims sense this and that's why AQ is headed for the dump.
                  AQs days might be numbered, but there are other wolves out there trying on sheeps clothing to get into the herd. Others will take thier place. They always do.

Comment

...And from a moral-religious POV, it doesn't makes sense that deliberately shredding the flesh of innocent people will win you widespread popular support. Only oppressors discount popular support. I think mainstream Muslims sense this and that's why AQ is headed for the dump.

It's interesting that AQ is a "has-been" among the young people fueling the current Middle East Revolution. They're not calling for Death to the Infidels and a Global Caliphate...they're calling for liberty and democracy.

Al Qeada and Jihadism is de-evolutionary. Even if you discount the suicidal aspect of it, any minority entity that thrives upon intolerance, death and destruction cannot exist for long amongst a human race that is biologically programmed to survive and propagate. The majority will not stand for it. In the end, AQ will devour itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X