A Game of Thrones: HBO series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Game of Thrones: HBO series

Has anyone read the series itself? A song of fire and ice? Excellent medieval fantasy fiction from George R.R Martin, a bloody brilliant sci-fi/fantasy author. The fiction has political depth as well as acting as a great alternate history of sorts, the best summation I can find of it is that it is like the intricacies of the War of the Roses or Rome during the last days of the Empire.

In any case, this looks like an excellent series, HBO is very professional with what they do.
    "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

I've read the series... some of the best fantasy ever written, incredible depth. I wonder if the HBO series can do it justice?

Martin needs to get off his rear and finish it!

Comment

Spoiler!
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Ah, there are much better Characters in the others.

Also, Bolo, could you add spoiler tags to the incident you mentioned. Just in case people want to read it imo.
        "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

Originally posted by Wayfarer View Post
          Ah, there are much better Characters in the others.

Also, Bolo, could you add spoiler tags to the incident you mentioned. Just in case people want to read it imo.
          I've done it for him. No Everyone has read the books (though they should imho).

I am a bit surprised on how much nudity and sex they kept in the show. Seems rather unusual for American Television.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post

I am a bit surprised on how much nudity and sex they kept in the show. Seems rather unusual for American Television.
            Thanks Tarek. I didnt bother adding Spoiler tags because it was one of the opening moves in the book and these fantasy epics have so many plots and subplots that it shouldn't really dent the reading experience.
            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
              I've read the series... some of the best fantasy ever written, incredible depth. I wonder if the HBO series can do it justice?

Martin needs to get off his rear and finish it!
              Sir HBO definitely does justice to this novel, beautifully directed and i bow down to the actors for doing a wonderful job. I have read the novel too and the series is very much based on the novel, the only discrepancy i noticed was that Eddard is presented as a great warrior while in the novel he was noted as a Great Commander but an average swords men. I am yet to see an HBO series that i can discard off, they are very good at what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post

Not unusual for a HBO series

Comment

Does everybody of note die in the series too?
                  "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Never read the books. Wished i never clicked on the spoiler:(

Comment

Sorry, but i can only say to both things...your own fault.

Comment

Don't worry there will be more twists in Season 2!

Comment

Absolutely... the story line twists like a snake.

Comment

God this show is soo addictive, its a torture to wait till tomorrow for the Season Finale. Without a doubt of the best shows HBO has produced

Comment

Good to see Mjr Sharpe has moved on from Napolionic wars ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X