A possible privilege for moi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A possible privilege for moi.

I MAY be going to Hargrave Military academy after this year... My father and I heard it on the radio and are deciding to go to the open house in June if my grades stay up.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but... what kind of place is it? Has anyone gone there recently?
    *Note that should be Privilege

I guess now you have yet another reason to keep your grades up, eh?
    Last edited by bigross86; 04 May 11,, 22:57.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

You Yanks are damn lucky. Damn, damn lucky. >:|

Best of luck
      "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

The AFDA is no slouch either.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          The AFDA is no slouch either.
          I looked at the website and realized it was an actual academy, like Westpoint, not a prestiged military boarding school, which I assumed, since Clytismo mentioned he was 15 in introduction thread.

Is it an academy or is it a boarding school? Or a mix of both.. I'm sitting here quite confused.?

From lurking on a few forums, and getting reactions of those who live around Canberra - drinking antics, the NCOs and enlisted men dislike ADFA officers even greater than they normally dislike fresh lieutenants.

From this same forum, officers graduated from the Royal Military College Duntroon have a better reputation amongst enlisted men, in addition to it being preferred for higher promotion (to have gone to Duntroon)

However, its purely conjecture on my part (comparing Duntroon and ADFA) so an Australian serviceman could clear things up, unfortunately I am not one yet.
          Last edited by Wayfarer; 05 May 11,, 12:15. Reason: question added
          "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

Originally posted by Clytisimo View Post
            I MAY be going to Hargrave Military academy after this year... My father and I heard it on the radio and are deciding to go to the open house in June if my grades stay up.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but... what kind of place is it? Has anyone gone there recently?
            *Note that should be Privilege

Good luck to you Clytisimo.

PS. There is a Summer Camp at Hargrave, June 26- July23 see if you can grab a placement ;)

Comment

Clytisimo,

If you are a Boy Scout they have an EXCELLENT Scouting program which will help you climb Eagle Mountain. It is very complimentary to the JROTC program.

Good school...be prepared to put your shoulder to the wheel and work hard.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Oh god. Now I'm nervous, because well... Let's just say sometimes I have problems keeping certain things to a good time -.-; I just am worried the academy will be hard for me. I'm a history and war buff so... Will that help me at all while I am at the academy?

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                  Good luck to you Clytisimo.

PS. There is a Summer Camp at Hargrave, June 26- July23 see if you can grab a placement ;)
                  A question: what is the camp about? Is it from that start date to the end date?

Comment

Originally posted by Clytisimo View Post
                    Oh god. Now I'm nervous, because well... Let's just say sometimes I have problems keeping certain things to a good time -.-; I just am worried the academy will be hard for me. I'm a history and war buff so... Will that help me at all while I am at the academy?
                    No,but it will give the motivation to get through all the sh!t.

Stay cool.There aren't superhumans there.If you have 2 legs,2 arms,1 head and a joyous mood you'll be fine.There's also a team there in waiting to be formed which will make things look easy.
                    Those who know don't speak
                    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

NEWS FLASH:

Its gonna be my Senior year or after. Guess I get to see my pals for a few more years before I go to the Academy.

Comment

Working...
                      X