Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and his corpse is in US hands.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if they flew in with US assets, like Somali type raid. Or flown in, and SUV's... driving.
    Flown, reports floating have them in four helicopters, 40 minute ground raid. One helicopter crashed from mechanical problems.

Conflicting early reports if we told the Pakistanis before the raid or after they were on the way.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
      [Updated, 12:11 a.m. ET] Members of Pakistan's intelligence service - the ISI - were on site in Abbotabad, Pakistan, during the operation that killed Osama bin Laden, CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official. The official said he did not know who fired the shot that actually killed Bin Laden.
      Bin Laden killed in Pakistan, Obama says – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

This is a great day, i am so happy today. This man got what he deserved, he has the blood of thousands of innocent people on his hands.
      So just as we thought they knew where he was all along?

Comment

Woo Hoo!

Comment

CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports, citing a senior Pakistani intelligence official. The official said he did not know who fired the shot that actually killed Bin Laden.
          In a retirement town for PA/ISI officials, with a huge mansion with 18ft walls, for 5yrs...
          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
            Flown, reports floating have them in two helicopters, 40 minute ground raid. One helicopter crashed from mechanical problems.

Conflicting early reports if we told the Pakistanis before the raid or after they were on the way.
            So either SEALS fast reaction from the India sea, naval HELO's. I wonder if they primary got this, like SEAL TEAM SIX, because most of the time our best is already on the ground hunting these guys. So logistically! We have other SEAL TEAMS, I wonder if they got the call due too urgency.

AND IMHO, any SEAL or US Forces even Marines Recon could handle this type of operation. One thing is sure, they had dedication, they were either going to kill or capture him.

Or maybe Delta or SEAL team Six, tasked with this mission.... got the call either from Afghanistan...or maybe already stationed in Pakistan... but we don't have military bases in Pakistan.

So I will say these guys flew out of Afghanistan or Indian ocean! great job.
            sigpic

Comment

Just heard that these forces practiced beforehand for the area and compound, because ex Generals lived there and etc...

So this was built up, so I would have to say Delta force or Navy Team Six Devgru.
              sigpic

Comment

Fox reported that the helicopters flew from Pakistani air bases, according to Pakistani sources. Fox stated the helicopter that went down was hit by ground fire.

Comment

MSNBC Reported - That no intelligence was shared with another Country. And this was carried out by US forces without Pakistani knowledge. Only a few in the US government knew about the operation. Right before the operation, Pakistani might of been advised, for US sefety. But was not planned or shared with any Country nor Pakistan.
                  sigpic

Comment

I doubt Obama would have mentioned ISI if Pakistan hadn't wanted him to. Tells me Pakistan wants the world to know its on our side in this.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Comment

As overdue as this is, it came at a ideal time. People throughout the ME are distracted by opposition movements or involved in them.

The lead on OBL's whereabouts was developed last August. Must have been hard for those in on it to keep a straight face when asked by the media where OBL was hiding out.
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

def.pk is in meltdown. JANA, otherwise known as Farzana Shah a half-wit journalist for the Asian Tribune is reporting OBL was killed a week ago and the body handed over to U.S. authorities. It's also being suggested the crashed chopper (destroyed) was Pakistani. They cannot imagine that we kept this on close hold since last August without their knowledge, approval and participation.
                          Last edited by S2; 02 May 11,, 06:15.
                          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

W. Bush's comment on the matter as reported by PBS.ORG

"Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al-Qaida network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

Comment

any chance we can see his face, or what left of it, i dont care

Comment

I'm wondering whether the helicopters could have got in and out without PAF knowledge.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X