Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osama Bin Laden is dead and his corpse is in US hands.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
    Yes indeed, the WOT has taken the lives of 30 000 innocent Pakistanis but you are right ISI is such a rogue agency that it supports the killing of its own people, wonderful rationality :S. The whole operation was conducted in cooperation with Pakistan and ISI's agents and SSG commandos were present in the operation throughout, just talked to my uncle whose a very senior member in Pakistan's Armed Forces. I second what you are saying, i really hope the US does not gives a single cent to Pakistan.
    Our reports are saying that Pakistan was NOT informed of the raid.

My point was if the property was in Osama's brothers' names, why wasn't a periodic property records check done and a connection made like 5 years ago when the 1 million dollar mansion was built?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
      I would imagine that US officials would have factored that into their plans, which is why I see little reason for burying the body at sea so quickly. While such a means of disposal of the body eventually is a good idea, the body should be kept and journalists/concerned officials globally, allowed access for a limited time to confirm his death and eliminate any rumors.
      As hated as he was, following Islamic rules for burial means one less thing to stir up his followers and indeed all Muslims.
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by Agnostic Muslim View Post
        Seconded.

Would be posting on defence.pk, but site appears to have suffered a traffic overload and crashed.
        That sucks, i really wanted to go there and release the info my uncle told me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post

My point was if the property was in Osama's brothers' names, why wasn't a periodic property records check done and a connection made like 5 years ago when the 1 million dollar mansion was built?
          Do you honestly think this raid can be conducted without Pakistan's Armed Forces approval, i could understand if this raid was at some distant location near the Afghanistan's border but not Abbottabad. PMA Kakul is based over there, within minutes Pakistani commandos would have been mobilized. This is not some Hollywood movie where a bunch of Navy SEALS would have destroyed a whole battalion of opposing commandos. Anyways thats not important, i talked to my uncle whose in a very senior position in Pakistan's Armed Forces. He confirmed it, elements of ISI and SSG were present at the location and ISI knew about this whole operation all along. Americans were allowed to conduct the operation because after all, it is their war and ISI is more than happy to stay back in the shadows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            However it was damaged, the team blew it up as they withdrew. i'm wondering whether that is SOP regardless of the area it's lost in.

It was probably an MH-60 Pavehawk in which case anywhere it sets down and can't lift off from that is not easily secured will see it destroyed. hell China would fund the Pakistani government for a year in trade for one of those.

Comment

• Google maps link to sat image of compound and location of PMA.

Osama bin Laden's Compound, Abbottbad, Pakistan - Google Maps
              Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah
              https://twitter.com/AgnosticMuslim

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post
                Your reports make no sense.
                You are assuming that the governance in Pakistan is as organized and efficient as it is in the US.

And we really don't know whether the property was in the Osama brothers name for sure - if it was in their name then that would appear to be a huge mistake on the part of OBL and his associates. Such records would be accessible to civilians and anything linked to the Bin Laden family would be a likely target.

Pakistani TV reports are suggesting the house was built by a man from KP province.
                Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic state to be ruled by priests with a divine mission - Jinnah

Comment

• Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
                  Do you honestly think this raid can be conducted without Pakistan's Armed Forces approval,
                  Yes, I mean look at all the groups that stage out of Pakistan and launch attacks inside Pakistan and elsewhere. If you can't track taliban or find a man living in a million dollar compound down the street from your main military academy, you won't notice a SEAL Team. Unless of course your willing to admit the ISI knew where he and other militants were all along?

i could understand if this raid was at some distant location near the Afghanistan's border but not Abbottabad. PMA Kakul is based over there, within minutes Pakistani commandos would have been mobilized. This is not some Hollywood movie where a bunch of Navy SEALS would have destroyed a whole battalion of opposing commandos. Anyways thats not important, i talked to my uncle whose in a very senior position in Pakistan's Armed Forces. He confirmed it, elements of ISI and SSG were present at the location and ISI knew about this whole operation all along. Americans were allowed to conduct the operation because after all, it is their war and ISI is more than happy to stay back in the shadows.
                  Well I don't doubt the ISI knew where the Americans wanted to go, who they wanted to get when they got there, and where "where" actually was. Everyone knew the US was hunting him.

If anything the SEAL grabbed up some Pakistani military attache threw him in the helo, breifed him on the flight over and after relieving him of the ability to let anyone know where he was or what he now knew.

We both know if the US had spilled the beans before OBL was already dead the compund would have been empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                    As hated as he was, following Islamic rules for burial means one less thing to stir up his followers and indeed all Muslims.
                    I see your point, but I also think the argument that his burial site might turn into a 'shrine for extremists' is a valid one as well.

Perhaps a secret burial site in the US/Europe would be a good idea. At least that way even if the site is discovered (or assumed to be discovered) the people 'paying homage' could be monitored.

But I hope that the body is not disposed of till international journalists and officials have a chance to view it and confirm the death.

Comment

• I tend to agree with Z. The nature of Intel inside Pakistan is porous, to say the least.

If the ISI or Pakistani military was in on it very early, the chances that the op would be leaked to bin Laden were almost 100%

If I were to guess, and it IS just a guess, Pakistan was informed in one manner or another moments before the operation kicked off, so there was not enough time to warn him. And that brings up an interesting question. Helicopter time-of-flight from Afghanistan is not short. Was Pakistan informed BEFORE the helicopters entered their airspace? That leaves too much time to leak "The Americans are coming; get out." The only conclusion is that the helicopters penetrated Pakistani airspace and were either not detected, or were unable to be engaged by Pakistani AD forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        Yes, I mean look at all the groups that stage out of Pakistan and launch attacks inside Pakistan and elsewhere. If you can't track taliban or find a man living in a million dollar compound down the street from your main military academy, you won't notice a SEAL Team. Unless of course your willing to admit the ISI knew where he and other militants were all along?
                        Small cells living amongst civilians and carrying out small scale terrorist attacks using homemade bombs is one thing - flying an assault force in half a dozen choppers across Pakistan towards the Capital and military academy and carrying out an operation for 40 minutes (expecting heavy resistance and gunfire) and simply expecting no response from Pakistani security forces throughout the duration of the operation is simply absurd.

Why would Pakistanis security officials suspect a house built a few KM from the Pakistan Military Academy?
                        We both know if the US had spilled the beans before OBL was already dead the compund would have been empty.
                        No we do not know that - only conspiracy theorists such as you 'know that'.

If that was the case, Pakistan would not have caught Khalid Sheikh Mohammed or the numerous other Al Qaeda operatives.

Comment

• Dunno if you guys have seen this pic but Al-Jazeera is putting it out. Got picked up by a local channel here too, x-news just ran the al-jazzera stream.

We think that Bin laden 'death photo' is fake

Comment

• Yes, the photo shown in this thread is apparently an old fake. Someone, somewhere, posted it in response to the news, and the pic has gone viral.

AFAIK there have been no official photo release yet. I hope they do.

Comment

• Will not be satisfied unless there is a valid death certificate (in long form) -- signed Trump

Comment

• Sorry for the back-to-back posts. Here is the evidence that the photo is faked:

Comment

Working...
                                X