NATO is now trying to kill Mommar Ghadhafi, has killed Saif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NATO is now trying to kill Mommar Ghadhafi, has killed Saif

Inevitable turn of events IMO, once they realized that he wasn't about to go easily.

One of Gadhafi's sons killed in NATO airstrike, Libyan official says - CNN.com

One of Gadhafi's sons killed in NATO airstrike, Libyan official says

(CNN) -- One of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's sons -- Saif al-Arab Gadhafi -- was killed after a NATO airstrike, a spokesman for Libya's government said Sunday at a press conference.

Moammar Gadhafi and his wife were in their son's house when it was targeted, spokesman Musa Ibrahim said. Both of them are in good health, according to the spokesman.

The victim is one of two of Gadhafi's sons named Saif. The other is Saif al-Islam Gadhafi, who had previously touted reform but has emerged as one of his father's most visible defenders in recent months.

The house in Tripoli was destroyed by the strike, with a massive crater where the house used to be. At least one unexploded bomb could be seen at the scene.

The building was in a residential area of Tripoli, according to Ibrahim, who insisted that Saif al-Arab Gadhafi was a student in Germany who was not deeply involved in Libya's military and government.

Ibrahim railed against NATO after the fatal strike, calling it an illegal act and a "war crime."

This is not the first time that Moammar Gadhafi has been at the site of an airstrike that killed one of his children.

In April 1986,U.S. forces launched an airstrike that targeted Moammar Gadhafi's residential compound. As a result, the Libyan leader's adopted daughter, Hanna Gadhafi, was killed.

At the time, President Ronald Reagan told the American people the bombings were an act of self-defense following the bombing of a West Berlin club that killed two American servicemen and injured several others.

Can anyone remind me a definition of terrorism? It looks like we have NATO as world's biggest terrorist organisation.
    Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
      Can anyone remind me a definition of terrorism? It looks like we have NATO as world's biggest terrorist organisation.
      A legal state of war is in effect. An HQ is a legitimate and legal target. Tell me, what terror campaign has NATO conducted?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        A legal state of war is in effect.
        What? A Legal war between NATO and libyan government? Afaik, the only the no-fly zone is legal. The rest is a violation of UN resolution by NATO. No NATO member was attacked.

Also, what HQ are you talking about? Gaddafi's son house? This poor fellow has nothing to do with military action and was the only Gaddafi who said something in support of rebels.

By your "logic" it is legal for Gaddafi to perform a nuclear attack on Washington because White house and Pentagon is a "legitimate target".
        Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
          What? A Legal war between NATO and libyan government? Afaik, the only the no-fly zone is legal. The rest is a violation of UN resolution by NATO. No NATO member was attacked.

Also, what HQ are you talking about? Gaddafi's son house? This poor fellow has nothing to do with military action and was the only Gaddafi who said something in support of rebels.

By your "logic" it is legal for Gaddafi to perform a nuclear attack on Washington because White house and Pentagon is a "legitimate target".
          1: So what if no NATO member was attacked? NATO launched operation Sharp Guard in 1993, way before any of the nations of former Yugoslavia were admitted into NATO

2:Do you know what was in the house? Do you know if there were or weren't maps/communications in the house helping Gaddafi run the battle? It's safe to assume that most of the time when a country is at war, the ruler will be in one HQ/C4I or another.

3: You have your brothers confused. The living brother is the one that spoke out for reform, but it also leading the loyalist forces.

4: Of course it's legal for Gaddafi to do that, though I can see you've taken it to extremes. In more realistic terms, it's perfectly legal for Gaddafi to bomb the pentagon as a military target.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I see vengeance come from this.
            Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

A war that NATO should have not gotten in the first place. NATO has no business getting involved in an internal conflict or civil war of any country otherwise it means that NATO can inject itself into any country's affairs all over the world. I am sorry but I do not like this kind of ramifications. NATO is not a cop nor it has any legal bearing to be a cop. It does not even have any moral or legal stand to intervene in the Libyan conflict as you are so often fond of saying that UN resolution does not make a thing legal or not illegal. In my view, NATO is just a thug, albeit the biggest thug on the block.

Furthermore, you have just given en carte blanche for Gaddafi to launch attacks against Western world using any means. Lockerbie was retaliation for US killing his daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by nus View Post
                what? A legal war between nato and libyan government?
                unscr 1973-4

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                  Lockerbie was retaliation for US killing his daughter.
                  Lockerbie was not the only Qaddafy terror attacks.

Comment

Sir, you can argue that NATO has the right to do whatever it wants but the death of Gaddahafi's son doesn't help the situation.

The Libyans carried out Lockerbie and possibly other terrorist incidents but that is all in the past and they were welcomed into the international body. Your Saudi and Pakistani friends are still doing harm to you and yet we wouldn't see such NATO bombings.

Sir, the death of a son is very personal in tribal cultures, I would be pissed if I were Gaddhafi. I hope I am wrong but this incident just gave Gaddhafi the will to retaliate against Western targets.....
                    Last edited by 667medic; 01 May 11,, 16:50.
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

I've been arguing since day 1 of this war that Qaddafy will come after us if he wins. Now, more than ever, he will not be allowed to win.

Comment

Has it actually been confirmed? Back in the 80's when an airstrike supposedly killed his daughter, it was later discovered that the child most likely wasn't even related to him and that he sort of adopted her after the fact for publicity's sake. Al Jazeera has reported that there has been questioning regarding the reports. While footage of the bodies has been released, they are all covered (which would make sense regardless), so we're really just counting on Qaddafy's word on the matter.

Nato strike 'kills Gaddafi's youngest son' - Africa - Al Jazeera English

Comment

The house in Tripoli was destroyed by the strike, with a massive crater where the house used to be. At least one unexploded bomb could be seen at the scene.
                          Too bad, the second one might have finished the job and killed them both.
                          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Also, I guess it's been reported that two children have been killed, I guess they were reported grand children
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              I've been arguing since day 1 of this war that Qaddafy will come after us if he wins. Now, more than ever, he will not be allowed to win.
                              Yep. Now Ghadafi not only has to lose, he has to die or get onto the dock.

Comment

Working...
                              X