Catapults for fast BB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catapults for fast BB's

It has come to my attention that the USS North Carolina folks recently looked around or at least discussed the possibility of finding and installing a catapult on the ship.
    I was told that they couldn't find one. Are they all gone? Were they unique to that ship? They have one of less than 5 Kingfishers in existence, would be pretty neat to see it sitting on a catapult.

Anyone know of, heard of, seen, etc, a catapult that might be in storage somewhere?

Originally posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    It has come to my attention that the USS North Carolina folks recently looked around or at least discussed the possibility of finding and installing a catapult on the ship.
    I was told that they couldn't find one. Are they all gone? Were they unique to that ship? They have one of less than 5 Kingfishers in existence, would be pretty neat to see it sitting on a catapult.

Anyone know of, heard of, seen, etc, a catapult that might be in storage somewhere?
    Maybe one of the museum ships may have one in storage but figure they disappeared during/after the Korea War on most ships giving way to helo's.

If they really wanted one, I could imagine they could obtain blueprints and construct one. Probably not cost effective but I guess it would depend on how bad they want one.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Yep, I was told they acquired the plans and looked into building one, but like you said, it was cost prohibitive.

Comment

Working...
      X