X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zulfiqar 3 MBT

the best photo so far.
    Attached Files
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Gosh, looks just like a K1A1 to me . . . .

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

I know... I had to double check just to be sure.
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Aren't most the components the same as a T-72 though? As I recall, the 125 smoothbore, autoloader and fire control systems are all pulled from a T-72 variant.

Comment

It is a mock up.
          I have never seen Z3 moving under its own power, always on a flatbed transporter. I've seen only "1" pic. of Z3 sitting on its own tracks which was parked on tarmac among some other old tanks but still not moving with no antennas or indication of FCS or Sight or any sign of smoke residue on its exhaust grates.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Iranians progress and advancement in many different field including defense industry but all these progress was achieved despite of oppressive IRI not because of it.

But IRI has always been on its toes trying to exploit every thing made, developed or done in Iran for lubricating its own propaganda machine. And many time they go little too far doing so as they have been caught publishing photoshoped pic. of missile launch scene, using picture of plastic model F-14 in state run mouthpiece as real IRIAF machine, parading empty welded pieces of leftover pipe lines as indeginous Iranian made ADS equivalent to S-300 and/or HQ-9, and this mock up Z-3 serves nothing but feather fluffing and boasting intended for domestic consumption.

Here is what Z series tanks are in nutshell:

Zulfiqar 1 (Z1): an amalgam of M-46, M-60, T-55, Chieftain and some T-72. So far as said only 200 were built (assembled).

Z-2: AFAIK, only 1 was built and project immediately scrapped.

Z-3: Never made it above mock up phase, but hey it looks like M1A1.

Comment

DShK and MG3 sharing the same torrent, on my.
            Attached Files

Comment

Someone should let them know the white flag thingy kind of messes up the feectiveness of the camo net......unless they are surrendering.
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post

It is a mock up.

Here is what Z series tanks are in nutshell:

Zulfiqar 1 (Z1): an amalgam of M-46, M-60, T-55, Chieftain and some T-72. So far as said only 200 were built (assembled).

One of the guys at the "other" board produced pics of the interior of the Z-1. I commented that the FCS and forward ammo racks are from the M-48 (not M-46). The engine in the prototype was more than likely the AV-1790 and further models have the Russian V-12. I would also speculate that there is no T55 in its blood as the thought was they were going with an all western style redesign as one copy in one of the parade pics had an M68 main gun and the one next to it (on trailers) had the Russian 125.

Comment

More images for Zulfikar 1,2 & 3

Comment

Unveling and fire testing

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                      Gosh, looks just like a K1A1 to me . . . .

I'm no tank expert, but I thought the exact same thing
                      일편단심

Comment

this is not white flag, in that flag wrote لا فتي الي علي لا سيف الا ذوالفقار that mean there is no Chivalrous except ali (shia first emam) and there in no sword except zolfaghar !
                        and islam prophet mohammad said that sentence
                        as i wrote zolfaghar was sword which belong to shia first emam

Comment

Originally posted by death View Post
                          this is not white flag, in that flag wrote لا فتي الي علي لا سيف الا ذوالفقار that mean there is no Chivalrous except ali (shia first emam) and there in no sword except zolfaghar !
                          and islam prophet mohammad said that sentence
                          as i wrote zolfaghar was sword which belong to shia first emam

Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder both looked at that flag and said the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            Someone should let them know the white flag thingy kind of messes up the feectiveness of the camo net......unless they are surrendering.
                            As if the big red, white & green banner on the side isn't enough . . . . .
                            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              They copied that off the French.

Comment

Working...
                              X