Trump guarentees Obama landslide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump guarentees Obama landslide

Trump Will ‘Probably’ Run as Independent If He Doesn’t Win GOP Nomination - Washington Wire - WSJ

Well, not exactly a guarentee of an Obama Landslide but it would guarentee it. There is no way a Republican dwarf has a shot with Donald siphoning off the hard core birthers and no way a Republican wins if he or she goes hardcore birther.
    Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
    ~Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
    Trump Will ‘Probably’ Run as Independent If He Doesn’t Win GOP Nomination - Washington Wire - WSJ

Well, not exactly a guarentee of an Obama Landslide but it would guarentee it. There is no way a Republican dwarf has a shot with Donald siphoning off the hard core birthers and no way a Republican wins if he or she goes hardcore birther.
    I agree with you.

However, Trump will not run. He's a publicity hound.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Dream on Rosie.

Repubs could put up a potted plant and Obama will still get clobbered.

He's history.
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Roosveltrepub View Post
        Trump guarentees Obama landslide

Well, not exactly a guarentee of an Obama Landslide but it would guarentee it.
        That's just beautiful. I had to quote it.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
          Dream on Rosie.

Repubs could put up a potted plant and Obama will still get clobbered.

He's history.
          Hell, I never thought he'd get elected in the first place. The same folks who wanted their shiny black man in the big chair could swing it again.

-dale

Comment

Anything can happen, but Obama's lost the middle.

We'd need 6 or 7% growth in 2012 to get them back on his side, and I don't see that happening.
            "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

wanna make a butter cookie bet on this? :)
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I wouldn't bet a single precious butter cookie on this question, at this point. IMO, it all depends on who the Republicans nominate.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                  I wouldn't bet a single precious butter cookie on this question, at this point. IMO, it all depends on who the Republicans nominate.
                  Also people forget that the apprentice is a pretty successful show and somebody likes watching it... Never underestimate the power of actor/advertising in the form of a show, that is a lot of media exposure thats in the bank to overcome, even without issues presented which may make other issues become secondary.

I am under the opinion that alot of those birther etc issues do not matter in the general election, what will matter is if people will believe the person getting elected has the guts to do something to improve the general well being of them and the nation, remember those people that were screaming Obama will pay their mortgage?

If Trump actually runs it might be interesting.
                  Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

I wish I share Dale and highsea's optimism. So far I'm preparing for the worst but hope for the best. Get ready for 9% structural unemployment, $6 gasoline by 2012, either quagmire in Libya or revenge bombing by Gaddahfi, 1% per year growth, and 6% inflation.

At least Obama will be employed, pays nothing for his motorcade, and a security detail to keep him from being bombed by Gaddahfi.
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

if huntsman or pawlenty runs, then i would be worried about losing the butter cookies. i still don't think either would win, but it would be quite close.

if anyone else obama cleans up. if it's palin or bachmann obama wipes the floor with them.

Get ready for 9% structural unemployment, $6 gasoline by 2012, either quagmire in Libya or revenge bombing by Gaddahfi, 1% per year growth, and 6% inflation.
                      i'm willing to bet a tin of butter cookies on this one, too. unemployment in 2012 will probably hover around 8.5% and falling, absent another serious war or ME crisis gas will be roughly at current rates, high chance that Gaddafi is ousted by year end. growth rate will be considerably higher than 1% (it was 2.7% in 2010).

i already have one ongoing bet with zraver re: inflation, although your guess of 6% inflation is rather lower than z's belief that we will be in hyperinflationary hell. it'll still be nowhere close to 6% though; it's 2.1% now.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'd be suprized if Quadaffi is still breathing a year from now.
                        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                          wanna make a butter cookie bet on this? :)
                          On the 6% or Obama's re-election?

I'll betcha on either one.

Comment

sure, sounds good. if inflation < 6%/obama is re-elected, that is one butter cookie tin apiece. if i am lucky enough to win you can just donate the cookies to the troops. :)

easy bet, although long timeline (november 2012)...maybe i oughta see if WAB can set up some sorta clearing house for butter cookie bets...

Comment

If Trump ran as an independent and siphoned off the 3 percent of the electorate that is still made up of birthers angry there is " a shiney black man" in the big chair no way Republicans compete in swing states.
                              http://www.davemanuel.com/2011/03/06...strengthening/
                              Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost.”
                              ~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                              X