Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115116117118119120
Results 1,786 to 1,790 of 1790

Thread: What is up with the F-35? Part II

Global Moderator
    Comrade Commissar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    While certainly undesirable, the prospect of Turkey letting men from Moscow get a peek under the F-35's skirt is less problematic than might be initially assumed. It is certainly less of an issue than the prospect of the US risking a strategic geopolitical relationship with a partner in NATO.
    Speaking of our friends in Moscow, I've been reading about Russian troll army and its efforts to destabilize the West.
    One of their efforts has been to slander the F-35 program, which is admittedly very ripe (to say the least) for criticism.

Thus, outsiders are baffled as to why such a massive failure isn't being dropped like a bad habit.

The answer of course is that indigenous pilots who've actually flown the thing are going to their superiors and gushing about what a revolution the plane is.

Wish I could find that article.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Contributor SteveDaPirate's Avatar

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by TopHatter View Post
    Speaking of our friends in Moscow, I've been reading about Russian troll army and its efforts to destabilize the West.
    One of their efforts has been to slander the F-35 program, which is admittedly very ripe (to say the least) for criticism.

Thus, outsiders are baffled as to why such a massive failure isn't being dropped like a bad habit.

The answer of course is that indigenous pilots who've actually flown the thing are going to their superiors and gushing about what a revolution the plane is.

Wish I could find that article.
    I guess Moscow is getting their rubles' worth with those trolls from the annoyance factor alone.

Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    I wonder where China's jet engine industry is with ceramics? No matter what China's military fanbois say it still appears that they cannot build a jet engine that compares to even the
    last Soviet designs. They've been at it for over 20 years now, the WS10 was started in the 90s.

I'd love to know what's giving them so much trouble. From what I can gather they cannot work out how to 'grow' a single crystal turbine blade. I wonder if they've tried to buy the seeds from the same place that supplies GE and Rolls?

Senior Contributor
    Chengdu Aerospace Superalloy Technologies can apparently grow globally competitive single crystals now (though they only started mass production last month, apparently).

Thread Information