X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military/Defense Professional Program

Dear Members,

As you may have noticed, we here at World Affairs Board have Military Professional and Defense Professional programs. These programs, like their name suggests, are for members who have served or are currently serving in a branch of one of the armed forces of the world in a professional capacity, or for civilians who have worked in defense-related industries and civilian agencies in a professional, defense-related capacity.

The purpose of these programs is to confirm that these members have authoritative knowledge on matters regarding their military or defense specialty given their years of experience, and a good knowledge of military or defense affairs in general.

If you feel that you belong in one of these programs, or you know of any current members that you feel belong in one of these programs, please contact a member of the Moderation or Administration staff at your earliest convenience so that we can get you or them added to the list. Please be prepared to provide information on rank, unit(s), and a brief history of service, and please do not provide any information that is regarded as overly sensitive or classified.

Any additional information is welcome and will help expedite your admission. Information may be shared with a select few senior military professionals on the forum to help verify your inclusion in the group.

Note: If you know a long-time senior military member here, and you have military service qualifying you for entry but do not wish to discuss the details, their recommendation will be accepted.

Admission is also predicated on the length of time served on the forum. It's very unlikely a new member will receive admission until such time as they have built up a number of posts. This enables the current MP's and staff to get to know the applicant.

Some of the benefits that come with the program:

5000 private message storage
    Send up to 5 private messages at a time
    Blue username and Military/Defense Professional user rank
    Custom user title

In the first instance, applying members should contact Albany Rifles
    Last edited by Parihaka; 13 Mar 15,, 20:49. Reason: additional information
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

My background in the Military was deep and allowed me to access global mind. That is not something I conceder to be unique, or of much use. The thing that I honer, and respect, is that I enlisted and took a vow in service. Honoring my vows did not expire when I reverted to the civilian world, nor will I compromise them here. I feel that an important point can be made for the third rail in consciousness. Both Admiral Rickover and Dr. Einstein communicated the notion that they lent their genius for others to use because they could do it from their heart, and felt capable of changing the thinking mind of power possessing people. The idea that we have people serving in the Submarine service who abhor submarine warfare, and people who control the energy of the Atom who would love to dismantle every trace of its use escapes comprehension from the "normal" mind. If you want me out of here do so. Annihilation is the easy way out.

Comment

Originally posted by wilburgalli View Post
      My background in the Military was deep and allowed me to access global mind.....
      Best pop back there methinks
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

WTF is it with these numnut types ?????????????

Comment

I think I qualify for this, how do I go about being vetted for selection? Any questions of me, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinktk View Post
            I think I qualify for this, how do I go about being vetted for selection? Any questions of me, just ask.
            I think it is all clear in Ben's expose:

If you feel that you belong in one of these programs, or you know of any current members that you feel belong in one of these programs, please contact a member of the Moderation or Administration staff at your earliest convenience so that we can get you or them added to the list. Please be prepared to provide information on rank, unit(s), and a brief history of service, and please do not provide any information that is regarded as overly sensitive or classified.
            For directions, just contact the first mod you see around. If in doubt hit astralis, he is an Admin, too.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The more material you can provide as supporting evidence the better - and its needed as unless someone can already vouch for you then there are some forensics that need to be done.. eg multiple diff docs with the same DOB etc are obviously useful for cross validation

I've had people claim prior experience who presented as the real deal on the open forums, but when checks were done they were determined to be a bit cavalier with the truth - that unfort is a bad thing as it lowers the integrity and confidence that others might have when "listening" to people in good faith - and ultimately its an insult to all who have served or are currently serving. I and many others react badly to false claims and claimants.

Records are treated with confidence and handled approp.

when you've got it together, seek out anyone from the Mod team and they'll trigger the next stage
              Linkeden:
              http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
              http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Does an ordinary enlistment count? I was active duty Navy for 6 years, +1 inactive reserve. I reached the rank of E-6 as an FC-1 (sw). I don't consider myself an expert on anything really, it was 20+ years ago but I'm curious to know.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                  Does an ordinary enlistment count? I was active duty Navy for 6 years, +1 inactive reserve. I reached the rank of E-6 as an FC-1 (sw). I don't consider myself an expert on anything really, it was 20+ years ago but I'm curious to know.
                  Yes it does....and we count your time double if your avatar includes the sainted Robert!

BTW, I was trying to head up 146 to the Pike last WED afternoon trying to drive to Logan. Got stuck in that snow storm in a POS rental. After about 4 miles/30 minutes on a nonplowed road I turned around and went 146/295/95/93 to Logan. Glad I did. I saw the Pike got nailed between Wordester and Natick. Took 3 hours for a 55 minute drive!
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks! I need the confidence boost after having my keister handed to me by my 7 yo in candlepins! Weather has been tough lately, usually the Pike is better kept than the other highways, but you probably would be better just going straight up 95 to the Pike in Weston, then taking the Pike extension into Logan. If all the lemmings haven't blocked the plows that stretch at least should be clear. The last storm we got 11 in up here in Littleton then another 2 in of heavy wet snow coated with ice. Now it's just raining and foggy. Next week we start over again.

Comment

Damn, me left the entire thing with Chogy a year back. I'll probably deal with it some other time, having just flown for 8 hours to Australia and spending a bloody 1.5h at CUSTOMS!

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                        Damn, me left the entire thing with Chogy a year back. I'll probably deal with it some other time, having just flown for 8 hours to Australia and spending a bloody 1.5h at CUSTOMS!
                        Welcome to Australia.

For some reason I always get waved through, even when I have just returned from deepest darkest Africa or Thailand. Guess I just have a trustworthy face. ;)
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          Welcome to Australia.

For some reason I always get waved through, even when I have just returned from deepest darkest Africa or Thailand. Guess I just have a trustworthy face. ;)
                          You have an Australian passport mate. It's dreadful torture over here, even worse than the TSA :whome:
                          Or maybe it's just Brisbane.

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
                            You have an Australian passport mate. It's dreadful torture over here, even worse than the TSA :whome:
                            Or maybe it's just Brisbane.
                            I'm betting that if my surname was Tran I would get stopped more often. You've seen 'border security', non-whites are always suspicious.
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Chanjyj you should have given the agent a jar of Vegamite!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X