No announcement yet.

Movie Madness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad Spartacus didn't make it. Would have matched good against The Vikings. Ben Hur should have matched against El Cid in my view. Major Dundee and The Wild Bunch might have been possible considerations. Peckinpah was the master of the slow-motion death scene.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
      brilliant job Benny........ sure some tough decisions to be made there and seeing it like that "the betting odds" need severly revising ....great job
      I agree, some tough choices - had to ponder a bit, great job Ben
      sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
      If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

S2 - response

Absolutely agree Sir, Sparticus v the Vikings........what a choice..............
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Now that you folks have seen the brackets and seen the opening voting trends, anyone care to revise their bets or place new bets? Winner will get massive bragging rights. Betting closes when the last round 1 poll closes
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Not sure I see the vote trends nor how I vote.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
              2 to 1 - Gladiator
              3 to 1 - Shawshank redemption
              5 to 1 - Das Boot

8 to 1 the field......................
              Ok revised betting........................

2 to 1 - Gladiator
              3 to 1 - Das Boot
              Shawshank Redemption
              7 to 2 - The Green Berets
              The Vikings
              4 to 1 - Kill Bill 1 & 2
              5 to 1 - Boondock Saints
              8 to 1 - the field ;

less

25 to 1 - Forest Gump
              50 to 1 - all of Mel Gibsons
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                Not sure I see the vote trends nor how I vote.
                http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mov...und-1-1-a.html

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mov...und-1-2-a.html

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mov...und-1-3-a.html

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/mov...und-1-4-a.html

All the info you need and the opening round of voting. Poll closes in a little over 2 days
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

As others have said excellent job of pairing them up to get this thing started. I think Das Boot will be a good performer as will Zulu.

Teh problem we are going to have is that there is a huge difference between what our "Favorite" movies are versus what we would "Objectively" consider to be "Great Movies" perfect example is Red Dawn paired with Deer Hunter. Now by no stretch of the imagination can you consider Red Dawn a better movie tha Deer Hunter, however I still voted for Red Dawn!!!!!!.

Regards

Arty
                  "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Red Dawn was paired with Deer Hunter for the one simple reason that it was towards the end and I didn't really have anything else to match it up with.

Comment

Oh damnit i missed this thread before i voted.

Anyhoo.

Very difficult question to narrow down since there's so many good choices. So the question boils down to how many times can you watch something before you get fed up.

First blood, never get tired of watching that. Not seen many that came close to it. However in recent times a couple did seem to fit into the same mould, Shooter & Apocalypto. One man taking on many sort of thing. The hunted turning into the hunter.

Comment

Round 1.1 has closed, rounds 1.2-1.4 will close in the next couple hours. If you haven't voted yet, get in before the deadline!

Comment

Very funny Sir................
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Which part is the funny part?

Comment

OK, I know it's been a while, but things have slowed down some, so I've now got time to run round 3. Threads and polls will be up in a couple minutes

Comment

Working...
                              X