Movie Madness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Madness!!

We have opinions on US Presidents. We have opinions on Obamacare. We have opinions on just about everything there is, and not only that, we're usually right. It's now time for the good folks to weigh in on what they think is the best movie ever. Once we get enough suggestions I will set them up into a bracket and we will eliminate the options one by one until we come to a consensus which movie is WAB's ultimate movie of all time. I'll try and split movies according to common topics and themes, sometimes according to actors, directors or some other criteria I can find.

We already have one of Tarek's suggestions, Akira Kurosawa's Shichinin no Samurai/Seven Samurai. I'm going to nominate Sean Connery in The Hunt for Red October and The Princess Bride as two of my all time ultimate favorite movies. Joining them will be 12 Angry Men and the one and only Jeff Bridges in Crazy Heart

Well, what's your favorite movie?
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

The Hunt for Red October gets bonus points for the Soundtrack.
    The Princess Bride for being one of the few fantasy movies that is actual very enjoyable.
    12 Angry Men ranks among the finest movies ever created.

And the Seven Samurai of course is on the top of the list. Any list....

but Crazy heart? No. Seriously. Nope.

Comment

Debbie Does Dallas ... oh wait, that's not our Debbie, is it?

Comment

Shawshank Redemption. I know I've watched this movie 20 times if not more. :)

Comment

Hunt for Red October definitely one of my favorite movies. A Bridge to Far and Battle of Britian are also very much in my Top 10. Now I may get crucified for this one but I also absolutely love Red Dawn.....running for cover right now ;)
          "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Tough choices.....................

#1 - GLADIATOR
            Maximus so many memorable lines.......... and the opening battle scene against the Germanics.... best of all time.

Gladiator opening battle scene
            Deserves to be posted.

#2 - The Hill
            Sean Connery as the "bust" Sgt Major (Note the cap badge )

#3 - The Magnificent 7
            A classic duster, (yes we know where it was taken from) Awesome soundtrack how could you not root for the little guy

sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              Shawshank Redemption. I know I've watched this movie 20 times if not more. :)
              That is one of my all time favorites, I watch it often. Also love The Outlaw Josey Wales, The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean, The Guns of Naverone

For Sci fi: Babylon V and Dr Who

Just watched Tin Men last night - a good movie with a great sound track
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
                Now I may get crucified for this one but I also absolutely love Red Dawn.....running for cover right now ;)
                WOLVERINES!!!!! Loved it myself buddy...I'll second your choice!!

Comment

Movies that I can't turn off and love equally

1. Forrest Gump
                  2. Jarhead
                  3. The Green Berets
                  4. Quigley Down Under
                  5. Full Metal Jacket
                  6. Metropolis(which I also consider to be one of the most important movies ever made)
                  7.I have to B/U Julie on The Outlaw Josey Whales as a total awesome classic and have to add....
                  8. Unforgiven....AND
                  9. Gran Torino...
                  Yeah, I know Eastwood seems to dominate but what can I say.
                  10. All the Dirty Harry movies!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                    WOLVERINES!!!!! Loved it myself buddy...I'll second your choice!!
                    Thanks, I knew there would be other fans out there ha ha.

IF I was to do a Top 10 Favorite I think it would look like this. Note this is my Fav movies, not what I consider teh Best of all time.

1 Kellys Heros
                    2 The 5th Element
                    3 For Few Dollars More (I also like The Good teh Bad and the Ugly but its not in my Top 10)
                    4 The Hunt for Red October
                    5 A Bridge Too Far
                    6 The Battle Of Britain
                    7 Das Boot (The Really Really Long Verssion)
                    8 Red Dawn
                    9 The Boondock Saints
                    10 Dog Soldiers

Ok that was too damn hard and not even really sure if these are my top 10 favs.

But it will do.

Regards

Arty
                    "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

You're right Arty!! Its just too hard because you listed Boondock Saints which i enjoyed PT1 and II immensly. I must see Das Boot someday! It has been mentioned on the forum many times. i feel so uncultured!!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                        You're right Arty!! Its just too hard because you listed Boondock Saints which i enjoyed PT1 and II immensly. I must see Das Boot someday! It has been mentioned on the forum many times. i feel so uncultured!!
                        I havent seen the second Boondock Saints movie. Is it as good as the first?

Arty

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
                          I havent seen the second Boondock Saints movie. Is it as good as the first?

Arty
                          Story lacks some from the first, but new characters make up for it. Just watch it, you won't regret I think. If you're a fan, you're already there.

Comment

This thread will cause me to get more DVD's - oh well; 7th, Arty, those are some of my favorites too, except the two I haven't seen yet - and now I Need to see them - I know I'm going to like them. The long Das Boot is the best of all the versions of that one - great movie. It is hard to pick one movie and say its my favorite, it depends on the mood and situation. Another one: The Mysterious Island, the 1960's version - it also has a great sound track.

Great Thread; Thank You
                            Last edited by USSWisconsin; 18 Mar 11,, 05:08.
                            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I just realised I havent listed any of my favorite Zombie movies!!!! All teh "XXXXX of the Dead" movies, 28 Days Later (28 Weeks not so much), The first Resident Evil movie (Not the sequels, they are getting out of hand!!!).

I think I will be back and forth to this thread as I remember other movies I love.

Arty

Comment

Working...
                              X