• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I bought my 69 Charger:

Love E-bods....

Just a flat out awesome movie...

Both 'season' of this are awesome

Comment

I wouldn't mind going to the movies if it weren't 8 bucks a person. It's pretty frustrating to say the least. Anyway, I think the movies I end up rewatching the most are probably Amelie, its been on tv a lot lately, Anchorman and we see a lot of Avengers at the house. Redbox is always good for renting though, I hope that doesn't die out any time soon.

Comment

Cherish, huh?

I suppose that means which one I go back to watch, over and over again, huh?

Tough question, there are so many........and in more ways than one, too! I mean, I have the consumer market DVD's and then I have the conversion DVD's made from the VHS tapes. Hence, in the Ryan O'Neal theme to our beloved founder, I do go back every so often and watch "The Thief Who Came To Dinner", but the DVD is the working copy from the VHS tape.

So, let's break it up, by theme, best boy, best girl, and that one movie one goes back to, over and over again, just for a certain scene. And by original DVD and conversion.

Western, original DVD: The Cheyenne Social Club, hands down.....though Five Man Army is a good competitor
        VHS source: Wagon Master

Thief: Green Ice for the DVD
        VHS: The Thief Who Came to Dinner

Epic Adventure: Shout at the Devil for the DVD
        VHS: The Red Tent (fictionalized history)

Comedy: Roxanne for the DVD
        VHS: A New Leaf

War: Zeppelin for the DVD
        VHS: Squadron 633

Tragedy: The Day of the Dolphin for the DVD
        VHS: The Trojan Women

Sci Fi: Solar Crisis for the DVD
        VHS: Dark Star

Debauchery: Caligula for the DVD
        VHS: Story of O

Musical: Paint Your Wagon for the DVD
        VHS: Fiddler on the Roof

Spy: The Eiger Sanction for the DVD
        VHS: Any Michael Caine

Firepower: Ronin for the DVD
        VHS: Killing Time (1998)

Femme Fatale: Avalon (2001) for the DVD
        VHS: Formula 51

End of the Line: By Dawn's Early Light for the DVD
        VHS: She

Swords: The Three/Four Musketeers (Oliver Reed) for the DVD
        VHS: Hearts and Armor

Monsters: Waxworks for the DVD
        VHS: An American Werewolf in London

Love: Starting Over for the DVD
        VHS: Ghost

Best Boy: Charles Bronson

Best Girl: Sandra Bullock

Fav movie to go back again and again for that one scene:
        DVD: The Living Daylights (assault on The Rock)
        VHS: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (the air assault)

Comment

One really special gem is Used Cars (1980) starring Kurt Russell. Columbia made the mistake of releasing it too close to Flying High (Leslie Nielsen). Everyone went to see Flying High and overlooked Used Cars. The few people that did see it loved it!

Used Cars Trailer

Actually, Columbia was one of the few that released their movies on Beta.

Taiyo ni Hoero!

Comment

Originally posted by tlake View Post
            One really special gem is Used Cars (1980) starring Kurt Russell. Columbia made the mistake of releasing it too close to Flying High (Leslie Nielsen). Everyone went to see Flying High and overlooked Used Cars. The few people that did see it loved it!

Used Cars Trailer

Actually, Columbia was one of the few that released their movies on Beta.

Taiyo ni Hoero!
            Used Cars I know. Saw it once on a movie channel.....................never heard of this "Flying High".

Oh, you mean, Airplane!. Well, to each their own. Curiously enough, I don't think I've ever seen that movie completely. Certainly not at the theatre.
            Last edited by Tamara; 12 Dec 13,, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
              Used Cars I know. Saw it once on a movie channel.....................never heard of this "Flying High".

Oh, you mean, Airplane!. Well, to each their own. Curiously enough, I don't think I've ever seen that movie completely. Certainly not at the theatre.
              That was certainly the end of the era when movies went under different titles, would never happen with global marketing these days, lol.

The eventual wrecking of the Porsche 928 was priceless! Seeing the movie again made me realise how much that car looked like a squashed Pacer, lol!

Porsche 928

Risky Business You Tube

AMC Pacer

Comment

Working...
              X