Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tobruk fell.

Comment

And the rebels would be lucky to have Qaddafy win such a phyric victory.

Comment

I'll still wait for more intel.As for Gaddafi wanting to wipe Misrata I have to call BS.Send the ground troops,gain a glorious tactical victory,complete a strategic fiasco,but just don't bore me with idiocy.

Sir,the loyalists have ~2 brigades(and Libyan brigades with all that entails) vs a city of half a million inhabitants.Their sole chance is to besiege the city until starvation and thirst ruins the defenders morale.Without that happening,there is no chance of them taking the city.
        Sir,you know better than me what urban combat means.Given the ratio of forces/size ,a few platoons of armed rebels can move and make life miserable for the 2 Gaddafi bde's if they enter and stay.They can't afford to look bad and lose forces for nothing.It takes only 2-300 determined men on the rebels side to create and then profit from those conditions.
        During first Grozny gangs were enough to provide that level of organization and leadership.Besides the volunteers that swarmed the Maikop Bde,the gangsters had a proeminent role.I suspect the brave defenders of Misrata are nothing better than that.I won't bet my house they have a single leader nor a unified command.
        That's of course nothing but my presumtion based on the past and the nature of the war so far.No real intel,yet.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

If I was Gaddafi I would besiege the city, but wouldn't wait for starvation as they can get food from sea or from air. I would sabotage their sewer system and they will come out of the city in 2 weeks with tears in the eyes and will hug everyone that can provide a descent toilet.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            During first Grozny gangs were enough to provide that level of organization and leadership.Besides the volunteers that swarmed the Maikop Bde,the gangsters had a proeminent role.I suspect the brave defenders of Misrata are nothing better than that.I won't bet my house they have a single leader nor a unified command.
            That's of course nothing but my presumtion based on the past and the nature of the war so far.No real intel,yet.
            Supplies are getting in. Weapons and ammo are getting to those who need it. There has to be some organization that can get supplies from Benghazi to the men at Misrata. Otherwise, you could just have Qaddafy's spies lining up for their share of ammo.

Comment

Working...
            X