Review: Red Riding Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Red Riding Hood

I watched this modern update of the old classic tale over the weekend.

I thought the director and the writer did a good job. The short story was expanded to fill a 2 hour slot. An inquisitor was added to serve as the antagonist. The (were)wolf was the antagonist, but not quite. It killed a few people, but the defense attorney would claim those killings as "crime of passion" or "self defense."

Red Riding Hood was not so little any more, hence the title skipped the word "little." She did utter the famous words to her grandma, though.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, I would say this movie is a 7, based on the fact that I was entertained and did not go to the box office to demand my money back.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

I thought the director and the writer did a good job. The short story was expanded to fill a 2 hour slot. An inquisitor was added to serve as the antagonist. The (were)wolf was the antagonist, but not quite. It killed a few people, but the defense attorney would claim those killings as "crime of passion" or "self defense."

Red Riding Hood was not so little any more, hence the title skipped the word "little." She did utter the famous words to her grandma, though.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being best, I would say this movie is a 7, based on the fact that I was entertained and did not go to the box office to demand my money back.
    Did you also like Twilight?

Comment

The line of da day!
      “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
        Did you also like Twilight?
        No, I did not. Was the chick in that movie hawt?

Amanda Seyfried is not as hot as some other movie chicks, but she has really pretty eyes.

Comment

sorta big, fishy eyes...
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            sorta big, fishy eyes...
            *ahem* I'm gonna refrain from my usual racist remarks about Asians...

Wouldn't that be racist in itself? You know, preferential treatment toward Asians when I normally insult all other ethnicities.

Comment

Gunnut, we're going to have to put you on some racist pills or something.

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity offender. Some are more equal than others.

I think I just hijacked my own thread....

Come on people. I can't believe not more of you have seen this modern update of a classic story.

Comment

Come on people. I can't believe not more of you have seen this modern update of a classic story.
                  I didn't... Sorry.

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity offender. Some are more equal than others.

I think I just hijacked my own thread....

For some reason the film just doesnt seem to appeal to me. I think "Paul" will be next on the list to go see. Simon Pegg cracks me up. Love his work :)
                    "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

I saw a version of this film in Germany many moons ago , closely followed by snow white , only they weren't dwarfs in the sense ya would think

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
                        For some reason the film just doesnt seem to appeal to me. I think "Paul" will be next on the list to go see. Simon Pegg cracks me up. Love his work :)
                        Im waiting for this film as well , heard good things about it

Comment

Tankie - response

I saw a version of this film in Germany many moons ago , closely followed by snow white , only they weren't dwarfs in the sense ya would think
                          And they certainly did not sing on there way to work............ but soon had Snow White singing :Dancing-Banana:......................... correct me if I am wrong here Eric ......... but were you not turned down for one of the parts of the 7 ?................ I know me and Dave were busy that week end and had to decline the invite
                          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                            And they certainly did not sing on there way to work............ but soon had Snow White singing :Dancing-Banana:......................... correct me if I am wrong here Eric ......... but were you not turned down for one of the parts of the 7 ?................ I know me and Dave were busy that week end and had to decline the invite

Comment

Working...
                            X