Wooton Basset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
    DE, it has everything to do with it. Due to Forces cuts Lyneham had to close. It is an emotive move but we can't keep an airport open just for repatriation, it's sad but common sense must prevail. RAF Brize will do its best I'm sure.
    Lets hope so nuts ,but why away from people on the high street , a ring road around the outside of town , STINKS .
    Last edited by tankie; 31 Aug 11,, 23:22.

Comment

Originally posted by gdmillar View Post
      Tankie, It is indeed a sad day for the town of Royal Wootton Bassett; but it was always the plan to RETURN repat proceedings to Brize. Although the cortege route will no longer pass through a town, they have made the promise to set out a "memorial garden" outside Brize. This will be purpose built as an area to pay respects, and there will be specific space for media vehicles at an appropriately respectful distance.

Granted, the above proposal takes away from the spontenaeity of the Wootton Bassett gatherings, at least it has been recognised that the public have a strong desire to pay their respects.

Apologies if I preach to the converted. As you can see, I'm new around here.

-Gary
      They are also moving the flag that flies over Bassett to Brize which I think is a good thing. Sadly there is a repatriation tomorrow so let's see what happens. Brits don't normally just walk away and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Ahhhhhhhh I must pay more attention to the news , my rant is worthless now godamnit , wot with cuts n closures here there n everywhere i lost track :bang:
        Not worthless at all. Public emotions must be heard and if for some reason Brize could have closed and Lyneham remain open then I'm sure they would have looked into that possibility. However, greater minds have deemed it untenable hence the closure. Sometimes we have to take it but that doesn't mean we have to except it and walk away in silence...so no, it wasn't worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Not worthless at all. Public emotions must be heard and if for some reason Brize could have closed and Lyneham remain open then I'm sure they would have looked into that possibility. However, greater minds have deemed it untenable hence the closure. Sometimes we have to take it but that doesn't mean we have to except it and walk away in silence...so no, it wasn't worthless.
          In my emotive state nuts I was fuming and writing faster than I should , knee jerk .

Comment

Working...
          X