• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullies

This made me feeeeeeelll real goooooooooooooood

LiveLeak.com - Bullied Kid Snaps

Victim of school bullying a web hero | The Daily Telegraph

THERE are only so many times you can try to turn the other cheek.

A Sydney schoolboy has become an internet sensation after video emerged of him body-slamming another student during a verbal and physical attack.

Striking back for bullying victims everywhere, the Year 10 boy - who pleaded with his tormenter to leave him alone - picked up his attacker and slammed him to the ground.

The teenager, said to have been bullied all his school life, was backed up against a wall, taunted and punched by a younger, smaller boy.

The victim, identified on Facebook as Casey Heynes, took a hit to the face and then more blows as the Year 7 boy goaded him to fight.

Suddenly Casey had had enough. He launched himself at his attacker, picked him up and threw him to the ground.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The younger boy staggered away, stunned and hurt.

Both students were suspended for four days after the incident on Monday.

Footage of the fight at Chifley College, Dunheved Campus at North St Marys, was posted online and drew hundreds of comments on Facebook - mostly in support of Casey.

Casey's father said yesterday his son had been the victim of bullying for several years and feared for his safety if he spoke about the fight.

"There'll be reprisals from other kids in the school and he still has to go to school somewhere," he said.

"He's not a violent kid, it's the first time he's lashed out and I don't want him to be victimised over that.

"He's always been taught never to hit. Apparently other people's parents don't teach their kids that."

Students said violence was a daily occurrence with fights often filmed and posted online.

"The fights I have seen here, it's horrible. It really makes me feel unsafe," one said. A classmate added: "People pick on him every single day, they hit him around and stuff, and he just got sick of it and let out the anger."

Online sympathisers have started a "Casey Heynes Anti Bullying Day".

A NSW Department of Education and Training spokeswoman said the school "does not tolerate any violence and deals with all cases according to its community-agreed discipline code".

"Both students in a fight at the school shown on the internet have been suspended ... the only injury sustained was a grazed knee."
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Errrrrrrrr Benny ol boy , thats the same vid i posted

Comment

I know, I'm giving you the story behind it and the results of the altercation
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          I know, I'm giving you the story behind it and the results of the altercation
          Oh ,ok cheers Ben ,

heh heh everyone can see the results as the little arsewipe staggered away , stunned
          Last edited by tankie; 15 Mar 11,, 21:09.

Comment

good vid, though the body slammer should not have been punished, he gave the measure and more of tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              good vid, though the body slammer should not have been punished, he gave the measure and more of tolerance.
              I agree. The kid being bullied should not be punished, if he does no serious harm - if anything the school should be punished for allowing this to go on. I dealt with bullies in school too, and there was a lot of indifference to it then - particularly when the bully was involved in sports, and the coaches didn't want anything to get in the way of their little ball star's contribution to the team. I myself dropped out of high school because of it, later in life I ran into my old bullies and they were having a pretty awful life - and were even worried about me then - though I didn't do anything to them (just seeing their life circumstances was more than enough).
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Yeah, it is more than a mite unfair, self-defence leading to suspension - children should be taught not to misbehave, but equally to stand up against someone else's misbehaviour. That's the best way to teach right and wrong. We used to fight when I was in school, the local Protestant/Loyalist boys school and our Catholic/Republican school really hated each other: sectarian segregation + young boys = recipe for scraps. Mainly harmless, frequently had grazed knuckles and busted lips, but it was just the way things were. It's not often noted (unless you're a Lord of the Flies fan) how nasty kids can be to each other, right up until late teens.

That said, in this era the internet is a new development, both a blessing and a curse - it's evidence of what happened and helps teachers sometimes, but on the other hand it's disturbing how there seems to be a market for fight videos amongst teenagers, how there's always a cameraman at fights these days, and it's leading to child humiliation across the globe. Getting the crap kicked out of you in front of 50 or so is bad enough, getting it done in front of millions is far worse.

Teen suicide is tragically on the rise - school culture (at least in schools I went to) was always homophobic, racist, sexist and dog-eat-dog, now it's all that with custom tools to torment anyone not at the centre of power. Sites like Facebook need better moderation imo, or we're all going to have an epidemic of youth misery in the coming years.
                Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

The "modern" trend is the lunatic zero tolerance rules that are applied to everyone involved in any sort of rules-breaking. They leave no room for judgement, and automatically apply the most severe punishment to all those involved. In this case, the rule was probably "4 days suspension for fighting. Period. Dot. No excuses."

It's the lazy administrators way to run a school. They don't have to use judgement or discernment.

At a local high school, there is a "No Weapons" policy. This includes knives. A boy had helped his grandmother move into an apartment. One of Granny's BUTTER knives had fallen out of a box and was found in the bed of the boy's pick-up truck in the school lot.

The boy was expelled. Zero-tolerance at work.

Comment

Many schools have a "no bully" rule so if kids are bullied at school and snap some teachers and administrators should get the boot too as they let the whole scene unfold. If I was the kid that got bullied and then expelled when I stood up for myself I would be screaming entrapment.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

LOIC got pointed at the website of the school to Ddos it. Thoughts? I wasn't complicit in this attack lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                        The "modern" trend is the lunatic zero tolerance rules that are applied to everyone involved in any sort of rules-breaking. They leave no room for judgement, and automatically apply the most severe punishment to all those involved. In this case, the rule was probably "4 days suspension for fighting. Period. Dot. No excuses."

It's the lazy administrators way to run a school. They don't have to use judgement or discernment.

At a local high school, there is a "No Weapons" policy. This includes knives. A boy had helped his grandmother move into an apartment. One of Granny's BUTTER knives had fallen out of a box and was found in the bed of the boy's pick-up truck in the school lot.

The boy was expelled. Zero-tolerance at work.
                        Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie
                          Can any one explain this ?????????????
                          No .....but just noticed your new avetar...................... very appropo Sir
                          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche917LH View Post
                            LOIC got pointed at the website of the school to Ddos it. Thoughts? I wasn't complicit in this attack lol...
                            Can anyone translate this please ????

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Can anyone translate this please ????
                              No but see above .........
                              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Working...
                              X