Show your rimfires!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show your rimfires!!!

Rimfires are cheap and fun to shoot. Part of the fun is because they're so cheap. Low recoil also helps. 500 rounds of 22LR can be had for $18 from Wally World, about 1/10 the cost of the cheapest 45 ACP.

I bought my first rimfire gun last year. It was a Beretta 948, manufactured in 1952.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I am very relived that you are apparently talking about guns.

Comment

I'm having a conversation with myself...about guns...

The 948 is in the middle. It's hella fun to shoot, but being so old, the hammer spring is a bit weak and I get light strikes on some rounds. It also has occassional ejection problems. I had to manually rack the slide to eject or chamber the next round in the mag. But that could be due to the ammo. I use cheap bulk stuff from Wally World.

Comment

My favorite rimfire... the Colt ACE I bought when I was about 22 and have kept ever since. The grips are mammoth ivory.

Suppressed Ruger MK2:

Comment

10/22

Attached Files
            sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
            If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
              My favorite rimfire... the Colt ACE I bought when I was about 22 and have kept ever since. The grips are mammoth ivory.

Suppressed Ruger MK2:

*drool...*

Comment

a few .22s

[ATTACH]24631 two by FN, the grips and weights all interchange. Has a built in dry fire system. :Dancing-Banana:
                Attached Files
                CADPIPE

Comment

Cadpipe, beautiful pistols, the wood on the second one is very interesting, do you have a shot showing the grip in perspective? I don't understand how the butt of the grip fits your hand.
                  Last edited by USSWisconsin; 12 Mar 11,, 00:20.
                  sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                  If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
                    Cadpipe, beautiful pistols, the wood on the second one is very interesting, do you have a shot showing the grip in perspective? I don't understand how the butt of the grip fits your hand.
                    I can get one next time I am home, unfortunately on the road right now. basically though, you grab it as normal, and the long low piece of grip is adjustable up and down, you raise it so you have to wedge your hand in so you don't really need to grip it. It is a right handed grip. ;)
                    CADPIPE

Comment

Very nice - I tried out for our school pistol team, and while I did OK, I found I had a bit too much "nervous energy" and my groups weren't as tight as some of the others. When you get to an extreme level competitively, it is almost scary how good the best shooters are.

We used S & W M41's:

Comment

and the 41's could be heavy barrel or long barrel. And they made (make) Herrett grips for them. Gun stocks by Herrett's Stocks, Inc. :Dancing-Banana:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by cadpipe; 12 Mar 11,, 15:42. Reason: spelling, add link
                        CADPIPE

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12240008.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	1446400 An original High Standard Victor (top), a new High Standard Victor (bottom), and an original High Standard Trophy (center), with herrett grips. :Dancing-Banana: I like CHOGY'S ACE and suppressed Ruger, very nice!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by cadpipe; 13 Mar 11,, 00:57.
                          CADPIPE

Comment

Got a high standard HD (now sitting at the FFL dude's house) Can't wait to post it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche917LH View Post
                              Got a high standard HD (now sitting at the FFL dude's house) Can't wait to post it up.
                              Excellent! Original or New? ;)
                              CADPIPE

Comment

Working...
                              X