No announcement yet.

High price of oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The payback time is app 2 years depending of course how many miles you do , and yes i understand what your saying , let me put it like this , petrol is rising to nearly 1.50 a litre ,diesel more , LPG 69 P a litre , which do you prefer to pay for ?? the systems used promise no loss of performance and warranted for 2 years and it adds value believe it or not to the car whilst also reducing the cost of road tax for going greener ,, but anyway D/E ,i have talked to lots of people with it and they swear by it ,sooooooooooooo Mr Gaddafi , ya aint holding me to ransom no freakin more And besides my car is my only real asset to the outside world now , my G/F drives me around and she has a heavy foot
    Last edited by tankie; 08 Mar 11,, 01:03.

Comment

gunnut,

Bush invaded Iraq not for oil, but for the analysis of various intelligence agencies that concluded he had WMD.
      sure, but here prices are not affected by intention but by tangible action. one of the costs for going to war was to inject a lot of instability into the region, if for nothing else than the fact that no one knew what saddam was gonna do when a war came. all the talk about heading east to iran and west to syria, and how the US foreign policy was now democracy promotion didn't help calm people down, either. note i'm not putting "good" or "bad" values on this, just that it was disruptive in nature.

Libya has oil. Obama is thinking about a no-fly zone. I hope we stay out of that one. It's an internal problem and poses no threat to us.
      i agree. john mccain, mitch mcconnell, and john kerry are pushing for otherwise, though.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
        I get 20 mpg (32km)--Toyota medium size truck--drive about 200 to 300 miles a week on average, not a day. A diesel VW is appealing--43 mpg (69km), but just wouldn't do with a load of plywood.
        something does not add up, are you stockpiling oil somewhere? ;)

you should get 400-600 miles even with that consumption (wich is very high from EU pov) out of 20-30 gallons .
        btw I drive a diesel vw jetta 5l/100km ( i guess that makes it 47mpg )
        J'ai en marre.

Comment

You seem very confident, so do you have friends that have confirmed savings of 30-40% ?

most of the cab drivers I now use LPG in their cars , they do get stuck in trafic a lot.
          J'ai en marre.

Comment

You know...if we had started to drill 5 years ago, when oil price hit an unprecedented $75 a barrel, we would only have 10 more years to go until some extra oil from our land hits the market. But noooooo....the libs say drilling now (then) wouldn't help the market because it would take 15 years for that oil to reach the consumers. I wonder what we would say or do 10 years from now when oil stays at $200 a barrel.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by JCT View Post
              It's all part of the master plan. Buy their oil now (and yes the $$ flowing out hurts), but when they run out, that's the time to give them the finger and start using our fields again.
              They aren't going to run out in our lifetime though! I do agree about the master plan as well. I'm glad I'm not alone there.;)

However.....

I am trying to remember, I think it was summer of 08. Gas was avg. $4 something a gallon. Bush announced "drill baby drill" and by december it was down to $1.61. Oil went from $130 to $35 a barrel. Gas dropped 15c a gallon the next day!!

It could work again, but Liberals have drilling tied up and regulated so bad its ridiculous.

Settle in for a long boring summer.

Comment

Astralis Reply

"...i agree cost of green energy will go up, but that's not really driven by the "cost to ramp up the methods and level of production", it will go up because developing economies around the world demand more and more energy."

Don't know that we're really in disagreement. As those "green" resources come on-line, they'll be bench-marked against existing ones. It's what the market will bear.

"...Then, IMV, that energy won't be sold for less than benchmarked oil. Were it to be the Chinese, Indians and others would buy that.

The biggest problem isn't the supply side. It's the demand side. That's increasing and will continue increasing by a lot as these new economies want their's (their everything-oil, goods, benefits, etc). Nobody's going to willingly forego expanding their economies for our sake."
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  You know...if we had started to drill 5 years ago, when oil price hit an unprecedented $75 a barrel, we would only have 10 more years to go until some extra oil from our land hits the market. But noooooo....the libs say drilling now (then) wouldn't help the market because it would take 15 years for that oil to reach the consumers. I wonder what we would say or do 10 years from now when oil stays at $200 a barrel.
                  See my above post, and it would not have taken anytime for that extra oil to hit our market compared to the instant dropping of OPEC prices to discourage our "new drilling" plan.

Comment

Working...
                  X