No announcement yet.

Ireland defeats England.....at Cricket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah Humbug!!! Lucky we didn't play the senior team.

Comment

I'll tell you what, we'll give you a few of our cricketers and rugby players if you send us some competent bankers!

Comment

Originally posted by NeilE View Post
        I'll tell you what, we'll give you a few of our cricketers and rugby players if you send us some competent bankers!
        And just where the hell do you think we will find any of those NeilE, jeez I thought you an intelligent man :Dancing-Banana:

Now greedy bankers how many you want ?
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
          Oh we were watching Crooks, believe me well done Sir, and well done the Irish, I did ask the question who was playing for the Grand Slam and Triple crown It certainly was not England............ howeever that said ...nah I wont go there .... well done Ireland a good double
          Ah it was good and I can understand English people's dissapointment but England were very worthy winners of the championship - by far the most consistent team of the tournie. France were quite poor by their standards, Wales ok, Italy will be happy and Scotland kinda not but still ok. Ireland will be mixed, coulda been better, coulda been worse. I think everyone got something out of it.

Either way congrats on winning the title, no mean feat in itself these days! Onwards to the World Cup (where the scary All Blacks/Boks/Wallabies will prolly send us ALL packing ).
          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by crooks View Post
            Ah it was good and I can understand English people's dissapointment but England were very worthy winners of the championship - by far the most consistent team of the tournie. France were quite poor by their standards, Wales ok, Italy will be happy and Scotland kinda not but still ok. Ireland will be mixed, coulda been better, coulda been worse. I think everyone got something out of it.

Either way congrats on winning the title, no mean feat in itself these days! Onwards to the World Cup (where the scary All Blacks/Boks/Wallabies will prolly send us ALL packing ).
            Thats why I love Lions tours Crooks
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

INDIA WINS THE WORLD CUP !!!

It's going to be insane tonight

Comment

Yep, Its going to be one hell of a party :Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana:
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Congratulations India on winning the world cup. Two worthy finalists & a fair final (less of a walkover than some). My love of the ability of the little master has overcome my disgust at the existence of harbajhan Singh, so I celebrate along with over a billion Indians. Sachin deserved a World Cup before he retired. Now he has it.

For me this World Cup has had a lot more highlights than lowlights:

Highlights:

1) Sth Africa failing yet again - in 5 world cups Sth Africa has yet to win a knock out match. it is like a greek tragedy, the outcome is known, but the fascination is in how it is acheived. At least Jana Novotna eventually won one.

2) Ireland beating England. Made me Irish heart swell with pride.

3) New Zealand. The Kiwis started their campaign with the shadow of the Christchurch disaster looming over them. They did their country proud & gave Dan Vettori a fine send off as captain.

4) The minnows. Sadly it sounds like the ICC will be cutting back representation from small nations at the next WC. They were great fun, providing some surprises & some fine cricket. I know from meeting one of the Canadian selectors that the WC is the biggest thing they have to aim for & the best motivatior. it will be sad to see their numbers reduced.

5) Pakistan. No major team has a harder row to hoe than the Pakistanis. A lot of it is self inflicted, but a lot is not. They entertained & they fought & they put any dissappointment at Pakistan not being able to host WC games aside & played proud (if typicaly erratic) cricket. Good on them.

Lowlights:

1) Australia. I wasn't expecting a win & don't think it would have been good for world cricket. That said, we were insipid. With rare exceptions we were something Australians should never accept - mediocre. Our last game was probably our best, but we didn't deserve to win.

2) England. Fresh from an Ashes win England should have been fired up & putting on display the team that is supposed to carry English cricket into a new era. Performances against Holland & Ireland signalled that this would be yet another poor world cup. After 35 years England seems no closer to winning a World Cup.

3) Bangladesh. For a test playing nation Bangladesh played more like a minnow. I have been a big supporter of Bangladesh's inclusion in the big boy's club, but they need to do a LOT more work.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Ha ha ha, we won........ Any cricket world cup played in India is awesome.......
                    1996 was magical, but that ****ing stupid pitch did us in.
                    This time around we did it, and that is all that counts.....

F@#K the party was awesome, went to India gate, with shit load of booze and firecrackers and drank till the sun came out, even the police was busy partying.

Comment

Working...
                    X