No announcement yet.

Libya updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libyan rebels enter Tripoli, Gadhafi's sons held - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

Sidiq al-Kibir, the rebel leadership council's representative for the capital Tripoli, confirmed the arrest of Seif al-Islam to the AP but did not give any further details.
    This is indeed the endgame.
    Keyboard is mightier than gun

Comment

• I expected Gaddafi's 'loyal' troops to switch sides before the rebels got too close.

Comment

• 6 months with superior AF clearing the routes and navy blocking the ports. Not bad, eh?

How crazy that Colonel is, wont be surprised if whole Tripoli goes skyhigh.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          6 months with superior AF clearing the routes and navy blocking the ports. Not bad, eh?

How crazy that Colonel is, wont be surprised if whole Tripoli goes skyhigh.
          I recall some years back reading that he was never a Colonel , just self imposed , maybe then he should have been a General ,,,like idi am,out

Comment

• IIRC, he was at military academy in Libya and was later in UK for training.

He could have ranked himself marshal and would still be crazy ;)
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Well, I can't wait to see the craziness and retribution ensue when whomever starts trying to form some government. The factions crawling out of the walls, all claiming to have been the indispensible cog that held this together and demanding their just due, will be mind-boggling.

Of course the U.N. (meaning America, Canada and Europe) will be footing the bill over the next five years for Libya's "reconstruction".
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• We won't get Lockerbies. That alone is worth the effort.

Comment

• I imagine Mr Assad is somewhat worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    We won't get Lockerbies. That alone is worth the effort.
                    Forgive me Sir, if you think I am rude but shouldn't you also nuke Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to prevent 9/11 in future....
                    Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                      Forgive me Sir, if you think I am rude but shouldn't you also nuke Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to prevent 9/11 in future....
                      If there was any evidence that Fiad or Musharaff gave the order, then both Riyard and Islamabad would be growing mushroom clouds.

The same cannot be said of Lockerbie.

Comment

• 667medic Reply

"Forgive me Sir, if you think I am rude but shouldn't you also nuke Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to prevent 9/11 in future...."

How might Canada accomplish that?;)
                        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• They finally did it. A month or two ago, things weren't looking so great for the rebels, but I guess they managed to finally pull it together. Yes, the so-called "loyalists" should start deserting Gadhafi any minute now, just like rats leaving a sinking ship . . . . .
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                            They finally did it. A month or two ago, things weren't looking so great for the rebels, but I guess they managed to finally pull it together. Yes, the so-called "loyalists" should start deserting Gadhafi any minute now, just like rats leaving a sinking ship . . . . .
                            Sir, you can gloat all you want but Gaddhafi had balls of steel for sure. And I am quite sure that the sudden turn of events involved paying huge bribes to the so called "loyalists"....
                            Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

• Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                              Sir, you can gloat all you want but Gaddhafi had balls of steel for sure.
                              Horse puckey! If he had balls of steel, he would have lead the situation instead of letting the situation dictate him. Deng Xia Peng got balls. Daffy Duck does not.

Originally posted by 667medic View Post
                              And I am quite sure that the sudden turn of events involved paying huge bribes to the so called "loyalists"....
                              In short, Daffy Duck got outbid, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
                                How might Canada accomplish that?;)
                                By send SWSNBN to Libya.

Comment

Working...
                                X