Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pakistan puts CIA contractor on trial for murder

Pakistan puts CIA contractor on trial for murder | Reuters

I had not realised the Raymond Davis thread had been closed?
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

T_igger_cs_30 Reply

"I had not realised the Raymond Davis thread had been closed?"

I closed it for participants failing to adhere to the thread's original intent to discuss links between Davis and islamic militants. It, instead, became a discussion regarding his diplomatic status. So too your thread which shall be moved to the internat'l politics section.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
      "I had not realised the Raymond Davis thread had been closed?"

I closed it for participants failing to adhere to the thread's original intent to discuss links between Davis and islamic militants. It, instead, became a discussion regarding his diplomatic status. So too your thread which shall be moved to the internat'l politics section.
      Roger to that.
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

On March 14, a Lahore court will decide whether he enjoys diplomatic immunity, another contentious issue that the government has said must be decided legally, at the risk of angering the United States and jeopardizing up to $3 billion a year in U.S. military and civilian aid.
        That date is the key takeaway for me from this article.

We'll have lots of rhetoric meanwhile :)

Comment

This was a revelation that he was a CIA contractor, ISI is not going to be happy about this that CIA is working behind their backs.

Comment

Originally posted by notorious_eagle View Post
            This was a revelation that he was a CIA contractor, ISI is not going to be happy about this that CIA is working behind their backs.
            As opposed to the ISI who are always in front and totally open
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

The ISI are well aware that the CIA are working behind their backs. Just like the ISI are working behind the CIA's back. This is the intelligence business, even staunch allies such as the CIA, M15 and Mossad work behind each others back. No suprises there.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilE View Post
                The ISI are well aware that the CIA are working behind their backs. Just like the ISI are working behind the CIA's back. This is the intelligence business, even staunch allies such as the CIA, M15 and Mossad work behind each others back. No suprises there.
                Exactly. This is purely political, and the ISI is trying to use the occasion to further restrict the CIA's activities in Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                  Exactly. This is purely political, and the ISI is trying to use the occasion to further restrict the CIA's activities in Pakistan.
                  Political, the man just shot two people in cold blood and a third innocent bystander was crushed to death. I wonder if the feelings would be the same if the opposite would have happened and three Americans would have lost their lives.

Comment

Political, the man just shot two people in cold blood and a third innocent bystander was crushed to death. I wonder if the feelings would be the same if the opposite would have happened and three Americans would have lost their lives.
                    6 American citizens were killed in the Mumbai attacks in 2008 by the heavily ISI funded, trained and led terrorist group Lashkar-e-taiba. Just to put things in perspective.

Comment

Any event that arouses strong public passions (as your post confirms) takes on many political angles.

Police reports indicate the two men he shot were armed robbers. Over here we'd call that getting what they deserved. The third person is tragic, but then, it wasn't Davis that ran them over now was it.

As for the ISI's response, which was what I was referring to, do you honestly believe that an agency that plays terrorists and militants in and out of Pakistan like pawns and harbors Mullah Omar, and Osama bin Laden to this day, is torn over the death of 3 people and that's what's driving their interaction with the CIA? Give me a break.

Comment

More than whatever this man might be, a cold blooded criminal or otherwise, it is the reaction and patronage of literate Pakistanis like you that puts all others in dismay and worry. Why is that you see a CIA/Mossad/RAW hand in whatever ill happens in your country? Have you already conducted a detail forensic and situational investigation on the entire happening, before rushing to the slain men's defence?
                        Or is it just your normal reflex action?
                        sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilE View Post
                          6 American citizens were killed in the Mumbai attacks in 2008 by the heavily ISI funded, trained and led terrorist group Lashkar-e-taiba. Just to put things in perspective.
                          It is in your imagination that ISI were involved in 2008, although media boom brain washed most of minds. That was courtesy of war by third country.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                            More than whatever this man might be, a cold blooded criminal or otherwise, it is the reaction and patronage of literate Pakistanis like you that puts all others in dismay and worry. Why is that you see a CIA/Mossad/RAW hand in whatever ill happens in your country? Have you already conducted a detail forensic and situational investigation on the entire happening, before rushing to the slain men's defence?
                            Or is it just your normal reflex action?
                            No we don't want to blame on RAW/CIA/MOSSAD but problem is that most of investigation links found with these agencies who directly or indirectly involved to destabalize Pakistan. Of course not every but most of.
                            Where question about RD then this is spy game but spy game in dangrous mode and out of red line.
                            SVR repot is enough to clear aims of this guy.
                            Today LHC reject Davis appeal for immunity and will wait for federal government answer over immunity on 14th March. So lets see.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                              Any event that arouses strong public passions (as your post confirms) takes on many political angles.

Police reports indicate the two men he shot were armed robbers. Over here we'd call that getting what they deserved. The third person is tragic, but then, it wasn't Davis that ran them over now was it.

As for the ISI's response, which was what I was referring to, do you honestly believe that an agency that plays terrorists and militants in and out of Pakistan like pawns and harbors Mullah Omar, and Osama bin Laden to this day, is torn over the death of 3 people and that's what's driving their interaction with the CIA? Give me a break.
                              Sir
                              while i am reading your post honestly reflects unawarness of whole scenario of Afghan war & related regional situation. So before answering you i want to say kindly take a time to go through this history.

Shortly i will say that you can't put 100% blame over ISI where CIA also were equal partner of these creations.

on topic
                              That was not self defense & they were not robbers (cleared in later investigations).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X