Go-bags and other emergency prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go-bags and other emergency prep

IIRC, there were some threads a while back about what everyone put in their go-bags, and what their emergency procedures were.

can't seem to find the thread, so here's me asking again...
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Would this be it/ or at least helpful?

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sma...ver-under.html

Comment

Zombie Preparedness Initiative Search | Zombie Preparedness Initiative

Zombie themed website that has a lot of useful information to help survive the zombie apocalypse.
      "Who says organization, says oligarchy"

Comment

My favorite survival stuff:
        EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Outdoors Gear, Survival Equipment Review & Survival Information

Best ever personal (in every size) survival kits , reviews, philosophy etc. and aviator survival vests for overwater. (comforting to have when you fly interisland like me)

Wilderness Survival Skills
        Guy is a certified nutjob. Which means he prepares with every ounce of earnestness.

Outdoor Survival tips at Survival Outdoor Skills
        Phenomenal survival instruction pages. This guy (former Army Ranger) has a lot of neat ideas. Some pretty damned good survival necklaces+ kits. (daresay the best for the money)

YouTube - wildernessoutfitters's Channel
        Best survival videos of all sorts! Focusing on bushcraft. Good knife reviews (so are nutnfancys knife reviews and backpacking adventures the however the rest of his stuff sucks)

YouTube - millerusaf's Channel
        Good firearms philosophy. Fellow mosin lover.

http://www.adventurealan.com/
        THE WORD ON ULTRALIGHT BACKPACKING STUFF
        Also has a very realistic 2.4 lb 3 night base pack for the appalachians.

And of course the old standby FM 21-76 and the like. E&E stuff is neat too. Available on the m40 40 site. Also googling sub 5 lb
        Last edited by Porsche917LH; 27 Feb 11,, 05:27.

Comment

a laser sight, a bayonnet, watch out zombies
          Attached Files
          sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
          If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Toilet paper. You just never know when you are going to need it.

Comment

cant firget this, it was standard equipment on a French battleship...
              Attached Files
              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I have 2 cannisters of ammo. Each has enough variety to feed most of my inventory. If I have to run out, I'd grab a few guns from the safe and these ammo cans. I figure if the fit really hit the shan, I can prey on people who have supplies yet are not well armed. They're probably liberals anyways.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by rickshaw92 View Post
                  Toilet paper. You just never know when you are going to need it.
                  That's why you wear tubesocks when camping. You can tear the off the tops (twice) and still have something on your feet
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    I have 2 cannisters of ammo. Each has enough variety to feed most of my inventory.
                    And presumably feed you. I'm a liberal. I'll be armed to the teeth. Yeah. Recently welded some spikes on my grills.

Comment

Originally posted by Porsche917LH View Post
                      And presumably feed you. I'm a liberal. I'll be armed to the teeth. Yeah. Recently welded some spikes on my grills.
                      Liberals here aren't well armed. :)
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Liberals here aren't well armed. :)
                        Living in cali is anyone really well armed? Unless we are talking arnie's "guns." When he is going to get a CC permit for those things so he can finally put a shirt on...

Comment

Working...
                        X