No announcement yet.

How to outfit your squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF, was that during your time as a soldier or as a LEO??
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
      Just got here. Had to carry around the 77 plenty, but also learned how to make the damn thing work like a charm when she was acting up.

Plus, learned a little trick how all the guard towers could talk amongst themselves on one frequency and still hear the HQ and company on the other freq at the same time, and thus never be out of contact. Helped pass many a boring hour up in the tower
      I went through The Basic School using PRC-77's, they were so old and worn out that a signal fire often worked better. They did give us a 30 minute class on the SINCGARS before graduation, sort of a look, see, but don't touch type class.

Later that year I reported to my first rifle company as a boot LT and found that the unit had already been issued the SINCGARS. While waiting at a range for the ammo to show up (always the ammo), I saw the radio sitting in STANDBY. Not wanting the battery to die, I told the RO, "Hey, you ought to turn the radio off while we wait to save the batteries!" and I put my words to action. Which of course zero'd the crypto fill...FNG!
      Last edited by JCT; 05 Mar 11,, 04:18. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by JCT View Post
        I went through The Basic School using PRC-77's, they were so old and worn out that a signal fire often worked better. They did give us a 30 minute class on the SINCGARS before graduation, sort of a look, see, but don't touch type class.

Later that year I reported to my first rifle company as a boot LT and found that the unit had already been issued the SINCGARS. While waiting at a range for the ammo to show up (always the ammo), I saw the radio sitting in STANDBY. Not wanting the battery to die, I told the RO, "Hey, you ought to turn the radio off while we wait to save the batteries!" and I put my words to action. Which of course zero'd the crypto fill...FNG!
        Yep, its nice how they put the "Zeroize" position right before teh Off position which you gotta go through to get to Off. I understand teh reasoning behind this however I also have made this mistake !!!
        "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyEngineer View Post
          Yep, its nice how they put the "Zeroize" position right before teh Off position which you gotta go through to get to Off. I understand teh reasoning behind this however I also have made this mistake !!!
          Made me real popular right off!

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
            WTF, was that during your time as a soldier or as a LEO??
            Soldier, while in Panama. Then my partner and I had to run down the little bugger through some warehouses. We intersected at a full run and all three of us plowed right through a sheetrock wall into an office space. It was pretty awesome I thought. I bled quite a bit, but it only took about three stitches. Muscles hurt quite a bit more than the cut and the bruise looked horrendous. Missed my spine by about 1/4 inch. I shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day!

Comment

Originally posted by porsche917lh
              still all these radios still beat semaphore signals don't they? Except semaphores work.
              now, you`re p!ssing me off! You are trying to be a smartass without one singe iota of combat experience!

Shut up, ask questions, and learn. The next time you post this smartass comment, i will drop on your post like a ton of bricks!

Comment

Originally posted by 7thsfsniper View Post
                Soldier, while in Panama. Then my partner and I had to run down the little bugger through some warehouses. We intersected at a full run and all three of us plowed right through a sheetrock wall into an office space. It was pretty awesome I thought. I bled quite a bit, but it only took about three stitches. Muscles hurt quite a bit more than the cut and the bruise looked horrendous. Missed my spine by about 1/4 inch. I shoulda bought a lottery ticket that day!

Oh wow, that's a hell of a story.

Thanks for sharing.
                Originally posted by GVChamp
                College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Hey porsche917lh. Semaphore is actually Ship based and not land based. And as an update, Morse is no longer used either.

Comment

Working...
                  X