INSAS vs AK47 vs M16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://p076.ezboard.com/fhistorypoli...cID=2050.topic

People demonstrating the correct use of russian weapons.

End vote-
    I'll stick with the M-16

Comment

• Originally posted by Defcon 6
      http://p076.ezboard.com/fhistorypoli...cID=2050.topic

People demonstrating the correct use of russian weapons.

End vote-
      I'll stick with the M-16
      Give those Liberians US weapons and they'll use them in the same way demonstrated in that link. ;)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Yep, I agree. It's not without humor though, seeing this rabble of "soldiers" and their ideas of proper firing stances.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• If I were to arm a conscript army or a militia force, I would pick the AK.

If I were to arm a highly trained and motivated professional army, I would pick the M-16.

I have no experience with the INSAS.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut
            If I were to arm a conscript army or a militia force, I would pick the AK.

If I were to arm a highly trained and motivated professional army, I would pick the M-16.

I have no experience with the INSAS.
            The FN FAL or G3 would be a better bet for either type of force - it has both reliability and accuracy.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree
              The FN FAL or G3 would be a better bet for either type of force - it has both reliability and accuracy.
              So does the M-16A2 and newer. :)

Comment

• I like the F2000.

I think the best use of an AK is for the "homeless person AA firing position" demonstrated in that link.

Comment

• Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  So does the M-16A2 and newer. :)
                  When I come to the US I will give you ample oppertunity to change my mind. :), we can spend the better part of a day on a firing range.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree
                    When I come to the US I will give you ample oppertunity to change my mind. :), we can spend the better part of a day on a firing range.
                    I spent about a year and change in a mechanized infantry rifle squad, half of it with an A2(spent six months with an A1, and yes, that weapon did truly suck), plus the first part of OSUT training. Niether of my A2's ever jammed a single time with live ammunition.

Blanks on the other hand, would foul the mechanism within probably 100 rounds.

Comment

I spent about a year and change in a mechanized infantry rifle squad, half of it with an A2(spent six months with an A1, and yes, that weapon did truly suck), plus the first part of OSUT training. Niether of my A2's ever jammed a single time with live ammunition.

Blanks on the other hand, would foul the mechanism within probably 100 rounds.
                      I spent almost 4 years as mechanized infantry but always as crew. You had much better luck with your A2 than me, but my first had a bad magazine catch effectively making it a single shot weapon. My A1 wouldn't even zero. Never had a single problem after OSUT though.

What do you think of the HK416?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rother
                        I spent almost 4 years as mechanized infantry but always as crew. You had much better luck with your A2 than me, but my first had a bad magazine catch effectively making it a single shot weapon. My A1 wouldn't even zero. Never had a single problem after OSUT though.

What do you think of the HK416?
                        I was pretty good buds with the Bn armorer(drinking buddies), so if i ever had any issues with any weapon all i had to do was mention it and he'd get me whatever parts i needed for the weapon in question. My A2 never had any problems, but when i first got issued my M-21 it was really whooped. He basically rebuilt that almost from the ground up. My M-16A1 had a 'floating' zero. One day it would be dead on, but the next time at the range it would shoot whereever the hell it wanted.

The HK416 is the one with the improved gas system right? Never shot one, but on paper it looks like it would be a decent improvement.

Welcome aboard bro. :)

Comment

The HK416 is the one with the improved gas system right? Never shot one, but on paper it looks like it would be a decent improvement.

Welcome aboard bro. :)
                          That would be the one. Improved gas system plus much more. There's a few uppers that made it on the civilian market but are ungodly expensive. I'll stick to my HK91.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rother
                            That would be the one. Improved gas system plus much more. There's a few uppers that made it on the civilian market but are ungodly expensive. I'll stick to my HK91.
                            Hk91s aint exactly what i'd call cheap either....lol.

I definitely admire HK weapons, but they're way too expensive in the US because of the import tariffs.

Comment

• If I were to arm a conscript army or a militia force, I would pick the AK. If I were to arm a highly trained and motivated professional army, I would pick the M-16. I have no experience with the INSAS.
                              If I were to arm a militia force I would train them. Moro guerillas have no problems using M-16A1s, M-14s, M-1 Garands and M-60s and can take care of their weapons along with hitting the target. Plus showing them how to use their weapons, to clean them and how to aim makes them all the better.
                              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

• OFB has revamped its website and put out details about some interesting aspects of INSAS family of weapons:-

INSAS 5.56mm round seems slightly different from NATO round with a heavier bullet and overall longer length of the round

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data...ition/sc/1.htm

OFB has also shown on its website a new carbine with a new round 5.56x30mm (Is it a MARS round type of development and what is the bullet weight?)

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/24.htm

It seems that Drdo is also developing a carbine on this new round where the magzine is fed into the handle like Uzi or MP-7

OFB is also showing a new AMR and UBGL

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wsc/26.htm

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wmc/8.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X