No announcement yet.

Army PT giving me trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you sir. No issues. Glad to be part of a global military fraternity.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• lemontree,

might be a US definition. generally speaking crunches don't go all the way up, like a sit-up. either way, it is bad for your back-- but crunches are less bad.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
        lemontree,

might be a US definition. generally speaking crunches don't go all the way up, like a sit-up. either way, it is bad for your back-- but crunches are less bad.
        Ok then I'm doing crunches. Any alternatives?...

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• lemontree,

try these.

6 No-Crunch Exercises For 6-Pack Abs - AskMen

recommend plank exercises instead of crunches. actually, you probably already have a pretty good six-pack, the issue for most people (including myself, unfortunately!) is body fat.
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• 6 pack abs.....pshaw!

I have keg abs!
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Anyway i'm banishing thoughs of a 6 pack...its Christmas time :D

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

it's certainly several notches of difficulty above my own running-weightlifting-yoga regimen, that's for sure. i like the emphasis on functional exercises and total body workout, vice single muscle stuff.

how long does each session last?

thus far i've used the AF PT test as an indicator of my general fitness level, but it's not too hard to score above a 90.
                Not sure where you live exactly, so it might be a commuting hell, but Bolling has a great CF room and I believe that you should be able to do this for free (compared to $100-200 if you go to a box): CrossFit Bolling

You'll get a little less coaching than if you would go to a box, but more than if you try to do it on your own while paying for a gym . . .
                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                  6 pack abs.....pshaw!

I have keg abs!
                  Damn beat me to it.

Comment

• i'll see if the pentagon gym offers crossfit. it should. i suspect when i start i'll get my ass kicked.

Comment

i'll see if the pentagon gym offers crossfit. it should. i suspect when i start i'll get my ass kicked.
                      http://crossfitpentagon.com/

Their website states a 0645 class on Tues and Thurs - I thought they were holding two sessions each morning. I'd call the PAC front desk and ask. The PAC is less than optimal for CrossFit given how spread out the equipment is, but just think of it as giving you extra time to rest :).
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                      X