Army PT giving me trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Got hit as an LT when a track slid on the ice and threw me about 25 feet. It was moving too fast in an assembly area without a ground guide on a snowy icy German day.

Broke 2 vertebrae, my pelvis and arm...and the squad leader was relieved and courtmartialed for violating Division SOP.

After 3 weeks in the hospital they moved me to company XO so I would not have too much running around.

After about 6 months I was able to stumble through a PT test. In 9 months I was back to "normal".

Me and Ibuprofin are really good friends!
    You and i have similar taste in "friends."

I've been ran over three times in my civilian occupation, plus my time in the infantry, for good measure.

Comment

Yeah Bill.

That is how I ended up in the Quartermaster Corps after commanding infnatry companies...I was 2 steps ahead of a medical reclass board.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        You and i have similar taste in "friends."
        It's always fun taking a little Motrin 800 in front of non-military friends. They look at you crazy - how can you take such a large horse pill dose - and you wonder what other dose there possibly is . . .
        "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

In the IDF it's almost the gospel truth that Optalgin (our version of Dipyrone/Analgin) can cure just about anything from a swollen ankle to beriberi. That drug has been banned in some places.
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
            It's always fun taking a little Motrin 800 in front of non-military friends. They look at you crazy - how can you take such a large horse pill dose - and you wonder what other dose there possibly is . . .
            I upgraded to prescription Vicodin a few years ago, unfortunately. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
              Motrin comes in doses less than 800 mgs?

That news to me!

Motrin.....its not just for breakfast anymore!
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

That bad . . . sorry to hear it.
                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

I got ran down by a felon i was repossessing in Dec 2008. I have 4 herniated and 4 bulging discs in my neck/back, plus advanced arthritis in my knees, ankles, neck and back from my time in the infantry.

However, i try not to complain. I instead take the view that my pain is just a reminder that i am not yet dead.

Comment

That's one way to look at it. What happened to the guy that ran you down in 2008?
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

He got arrested and charged with aggravated assault and a slew of other stuff, but the Philly PD totally screwed up the case, and he ended up walking with only time served.

Comment

MSContin works wonders for neck problems - I have a wedge shaped C3 vertebra from a spinal infection, cancer aftermath - as long as I take the blue pill every 12 hours things are fine - the lidocaine patches help too, but I miss the dilaudid - they took that away.
                        Pain proves were arent dead yet - and keeps a person alert....
                        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I have some oxycodone too, but i only use that if i'm REALLY in bad pain. Most of the time i don't even take the Vicodin because that's addictive too. Generally, i just suffer with a smile.

My life is really pretty awesome in all other respects, so i figure the pain is there to balance out my scales.

Comment

Kevin Brown,

You've gotten suggestions from several folks. However, you haven't acknowledged anyone's effort to answer YOUR question. WTF, over?

Comment

It happens to us all. :(

But as Hal Moore would say, i was a soldier once, and young.
                              A pretty cool story. My old boss' old man was a fellow BDE CDR with Hal Moore in Vietnam and remained friends for the rest of their lives. When Moore was writing the book with Galloway, he'd fax chapters to my boss' father to review. When it was all ready for publishing, he sent a proof copy, and the title was something along the lines of "A Study of Airmobility in Vietnam" - very dry and clinical. My boss' father told him to ditch the title and come up with something catchier, or else it would just sit on the shelf and never sell. I don't know who eventually came up with the title, but it was interesting to hear the back story of the title that never was.

Comment

I met Joe Marm in February 1986 at Benning. He was a training battalion commander. I was a member of 1-414 Inf. 104 Inf. Div (Tng.) and we were doing an augmentation to his battalion. He earned the CMH at Ia Drang. Air assaulted in with one of the first lifts as a fresh 2LT plt. ldr., assaulted across a dry creekbed to destroy a HMG position, wounded and medevaced out of the battle-all in the space of about two hours.

Hellacious fight. Two hardcore units squared off in the middle of nowhere and both biting at the chomp to make contact.

They did.
                                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
                                X