Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
    Rank has privileges
    Nothing to do with rank ..personal pride.................;).............. But I was always behind Dave Lukins .everyone was always behind Dave Lukins
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

So many comments. Too easy.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Kevin, you must have some PT manuals and sport trainers at the univ. The Navy Seal manual is all you could ask for.It has everything,included nutrition,schedules,tips.You could go to some of the univ sport teams training sessions in your free time.It helps being in the crowd.

About push-ups I do a bit different schedule,but at least for me it works perfectly.I gradually increase the number in the series by 2,with a pause(for me 20 seconds,for now),but I guess you can alter that.After I reach the peak I do it in reverse.It looks something like that: 2-4-6 ... X...6-4-2.The last 2 are always the hardest.
        You could start by planning weekly increases.First week you go up until 6 or 8 .Next week you go one step further and so on.

Pull-ups work on the same principles,but first you need to make at least 2-3 correctly,that is with the arms perfectly stretched.If you can't do that try making half push-ups.You raise to the half,than you try to raise yourself higher,until you pop your nose over the bar.Me being a maniac I jump on every bar I see and make 5,irrelevant of place,time or dress.Running on stairs also works great for leg muscles.Jumping in one foot is even greater,but tends to raise eyebrows.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
          So many comments. Too easy.
          Yep.If words could do it,we'd be all super athletes,PHD's and astrophyscists.In the same time.
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
            Nothing to do with rank ..personal pride.................;).............. But I was always behind Dave Lukins .everyone was always behind Dave Lukins
            It might have something to do with playing squash from 4 til 6 am.. squash again 12-1 pm..Hockey 2-3.30pm..badminton/volleyball/5 a side/basketball 6-9pm and a game of golf at least twice a week.

Sometimes I even fitted in Army stuff...only sometimes

Comment

Sir Lukins,you sound like the stereotypical British officer.Now,what about hunting foxes on horseback?

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                Sir Lukins,you sound like the stereotypical British officer.Now,what about hunting foxes on horseback?
                I have never chased a fox who was riding a horse but I have no doubts I would have caught it. Tally Ho!!
                Last edited by dave lukins; 05 Feb 11,, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
                  Hope you're not smoking but I knew smokers who could punch sub-13:00 minute two mile runs.
                  I smoked, and ran a 12:08 best time when i scored my 292 on the APFT. At the time to max you needed 82/92/11:55.

I maxed PU/SU, but fell short on the run. Still got me a weekend pass though. :)

Honestly- the only thing one needs to do to excel on the APFT of any era, is the proper level of motivation. Motivation in training, but especially motivation in the moment of truth. Pushing out those last 5-10 push-ups until you get to muscle failure. Sprinting that extra 100 meters at the end of the run to shave 10 or 15 seconds off your time.

In road marches, long runs, whatever....motivation is what matters.

I was of the mind that there was no run on earth i couldn't finish because i would never quit, ever, unless i fell over and died.

You just have to want to do it, no matter the pain.

EDITED TO CORRECT TIMES
                  Last edited by Bill; 05 Feb 11,, 21:26.

Comment

You know i think i'm off by a whole minute on my run times. I seem to recall it was 11:55 to max the run, and i did it in 12:08.

It's been so long ago now, i don't remember anymore. :(

Comment

Ain't it great, growing old?
                      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

No, it sucks. But after some more thought, I am highly confident that i ran a 12:08 and max on the run was 11:55, so i am going to amend the times in my OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          No, it sucks. But after some more thought, I am highly confident that i ran a 12:08 and max on the run was 11:55, so i am going to amend the times in my OP.
                          Max was 11:54. You are getting old!
                          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

That part we've already established...

Comment

APFT standards by age group-

APFT
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by Shek View Post
                                Max was 11:54. You are getting old!
                                It happens to us all. :(

But as Hal Moore would say, i was a soldier once, and young.

Comment

Working...
                                X