• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gunnut's title

Official Thread Jacker?

Come on, that's just wrong.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

he is a funny guy, I don't have issue with it.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

Comment

Neither do I - if it's a play on words, I thought it clever.

Comment

I would have chosen 'official contrarian', but then I am a contrarian too.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
          I would have chosen 'official contrarian', but then I am a contrarian too.
          Me too. Well all know that status quo is messed up - the only difference is our opinions of what the new status quo should be.

Comment

gunnut is a master jacker!
            There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Let's not forget, he's also a master debater...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

As long as he's jacking his own thread, and doesn't try to jack mine.

If you guys want to get your threads jacked by gunnut, that's mutual consent between adults.

I abhor the notion, but whatever floats your boat. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I think he should be sticking his thread through the eye of a needle, but we all have priorities, and threading needles isn't necessarily on the top of our to-do lists.

A fair warning about needles: nothing wrong with threading the eye of a needle, but a needle can really mess you up if you aren't careful with it. Like poke an eye out or something. Some needles look relatively harmless, but looks can kill.

Comment

For posterity's sake:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Gunnut adds some spice and flavor to the WAB stew - Hurray for Gunnut
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

I plead guilty... I realize it's bad etiquette, but sometimes the natural flow of a thread makes it less of a jack, more of a temporary sidetrack. I'll try to watch it in the future.

FOX news today was showing horrific scenes in Cairo and outlying cities. Does anyone know, has the violence spread to the more rural villages? Rural inhabitants tend to favor those in power, for whatever reason. Anyone know?
                      Second paragraph copied here: http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ara...-protests.html

Comment

I know my effort at humor wasn't that obtuse, was it? Or, maybe my recognition of your own subtlety is lacking.

I'll stop trying to be funny now...

Comment

He has my vote.....
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chogy View Post
                            I know my effort at humor wasn't that obtuse, was it? Or, maybe my recognition of your own subtlety is lacking.

I'll stop trying to be funny now...
                            I think I missed it if you were trying to inject humor... your facial expressions and body language don't carry over into the text you type. ;)

Comment

My title is officially sanctioned by the forum She-Devil, Ms, Julie herself:

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                              Ya know, that's not a bad idea. You should place that under your username.
                              http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/ame...tml#post781486
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                              X