No announcement yet.

Favourite Foreign Language song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread has the potential to be one of those browser killing ones so i'll just drop a couple of links here.

How bout some MPB for starters ?

Quarteto Em Cy - Tudo que você podia ser - youtube
    Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - Mas Que Nada - youtube

Comment

One of my favorites. Might get some Hebrew in here later

Last edited by bigross86; 02 Feb 11,, 17:50.
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        BF, I don't mean to scare you, but we enjoy the same music...

99 Luft Balons is on the CD in my car.
        And on my MP-3 player

Bigfeller dealt a killing blow with the first post in posting the one foreign language song in a language I cannot understand that I really like.

Of course the "in a language you don't understand" keeps me from flooding this thread with K-Pop and J-Pop :(

Some people may see that as a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
          And on my MP-3 player

Bigfeller dealt a killing blow with the first post in posting the one foreign language song in a language I cannot understand that I really like.

Of course the "in a language you don't understand" keeps me from flooding this thread with K-Pop and J-Pop :(

Some people may see that as a blessing.
          Yes they will (why do you think I was so specific Gunny )
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

The finest Austrian musical export since Johann Strauss? The late great Falco:

sigpic

Comment

A big white canadian pretending to be a black Jamaican = gibberish. Get to alt least the .45 sec point, it is hilarious.

sigpic

Comment

What does this say about me that I know the lyrics to almost the entire song?

It's a damn shame, I remember the lyrics to most songs I hear more than once and I can't really determine which ones to remember and which ones to forget
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                  What does this say about me that I know the lyrics to almost the entire song?

It's a damn shame, I remember the lyrics to most songs I hear more than once and I can't really determine which ones to remember and which ones to forget
                  It says something profoundly disturbing mate.

What becomes more & more disturbing as I age is the discovery that the memory space taken up by something like this always seems to be the same on thet I need to rememeber important stuff...like people's names.
                  sigpic

Comment

Those Were the Days (Дорогой длинною) MANCA IZMAJLOVA

English version by Mary Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      German, but I speak it conversationally.

I'd have to say French - I love the sound of it in my ear, softly whispered. ;)
                      Iron Duke,
                      I have four beautiful and very well-known songs in french language for you...
                      Close your eyes, hear them and try to forget for a moment the chaos Egypt, for example....

« Les Amoureux Qui Passent » by Christophe

« Quelque Chose Dans Mon Coeur » by Elsa Lunghini

« Ella, Elle l´a » by Alizee

« I´m fed up » by Alizee

Comment

This seems strangely topical

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          Yes they will (why do you think I was so specific Gunny )

Hummmmmm, I don't speak French.

SWSNBNs has a ton of French language songs on YouTube.

Which would be worse? Young asian girls bouncing around in skimpy clothes singing pop music? Or the Wicked witch of the North with harry legs butchering a AC/DC song?

Comment

I'd rather lose an arm than a leg, but I'd rather lose neither if I can avoid it.

By all means post something by the unmentionable one, abut ask yourself if it is really worth punishing yourself & the reat of us & risking the wrath of the Colonel just to get at me. Thought you Sargent types were smarter than that when it comes to Colonels (especially the grumpy sort). ;)

Bit like nuking your neighbour, sure, you punish, but is the cost really worth it?
                            sigpic

Comment

A big white canadian pretending to be a black Jamaican = gibberish. Get to alt least the .45 sec point, it is hilarious.

wowww blast from the past.. I remember this songg! I also remember liking it !!
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Got any nice French tunes for us?

Comment

Working...
                                X