Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do armies hold live fire(non-lethal) exercises pitting companies against each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup , cheers Wayne , Jack got to Mjr and Bob was wo2 i think , Jack was the better of the 2 IMO .WE were troopers together in C/Sqd osnatrash , then i met the mighty B in Tidworth

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Yup , cheers Wayne , Jack got to Mjr and Bob was wo2 i think , Jack was the better of the 2 IMO .WE were troopers together in C/Sqd osnatrash , then i met the mighty B in Tidworth
      The Mighty B indeed................. those were the days
      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
        The Mighty B indeed................. those were the days
        Yup , indeed , it brings a wry smile to my face , the tricks n stunts we pulled

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
          Maybe Albany can help me out. After all he is older than dirt. What was the system/training aid called before MILES?

The one where you wore numbers on your uniform and helmet and scored "hits" on the OpFor by being able to tell the ref what number they were wearing.

I resemble that remark! (sigh)

Gunny, would you be referring to that wonderful idea of military simulations technology called SCOPES!?!?!?

The system used numbers on the camo covers of the M1 helmet. When you saw the bad guy you told the controller you were firing and at what number. He radioed his counterpart on the opposite side who told the guy you shot he was hit.

We used to put a low power scope on the M-16s and M60s for this.

They had colored plackards (usually orange or blue) with a number for vehicles as well.

I am having trouble uploading photos today...I'll try later for the pics.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            I resemble that remark! (sigh)

Gunny, would you be referring to that wonderful idea of military simulations technology called SCOPES!?!?!?

The system used numbers on the camo covers of the M1 helmet. When you saw the bad guy you told the controller you were firing and at what number. He radioed his counterpart on the opposite side who told the guy you shot he was hit.

We used to put a low power scope on the M-16s and M60s for this.

They had colored plackards (usually orange or blue) with a number for vehicles as well.

I am having trouble uploading photos today...I'll try later for the pics.
            WOW.......... now that would be fun AR not!....oh by the way great new avatar...........wasnt he the best !
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Yup , indeed , it brings a wry smile to my face , the tricks n stunts we pulled
              A lot of people still trying to figure it out how we did what we did.............
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

A lot of people still trying to figure it out how we did what we did.............

And how we got away with it

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                  To him it was probably hysterical...
                  What I did to get back was even more hysterical. Decorum prevents me from saying exactly what I did.;)

Comment

Feel free to PM me
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

WOW.......... now that would be fun AR not!....oh by the way great new avatar...........wasnt he the best !
                      Thanks, Tigger.

Bobby Orr was my hero growing up.

Here are some photos of Scopes on an M60A3 and M1

Attached Files
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X