Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honor Vietnam Vets With Jane Fonda and Anti-War Protestors?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honor Vietnam Vets With Jane Fonda and Anti-War Protestors?!

Guess Fayettville already knew they had an asshat for a mayor, but this tops the cake.

Fayetteville, North Carolina, home of Fort Bragg, is planning a 10-day celebration and homecoming this November to honor Vietnam Vets. Its a honor well deserved. These soldiers, marines, and other vets served our nation honorably. It’s not their fault that we had lousy leadership in Washington that lost the war.

But Fayetteville Mayor Tony Chavonne decided to “honor” the Vets by reaching out to Quaker House, an anti-Vietnam war protesting outfit. And Quaker House said they are glad to participate and intend to show two anti-war films that include Jane Fonda. As in “Hanoi Jane.” This is how they plan to “honor Vietnam vets.”

The Mayor said he reached out to the anti-war protestors so the “full story” of the war could be told. Excuse me, but this is not a history lesson. Its a celebration designated to honor vets for their service. We’re not refighting the Vietnam war here. Mayor Chavonne has had these sort of bright ideas in the past. Earlier he suggested that Fayetteville become a sister city with a town in communist Vietnam.

Quaker House says they won’t force themselves into the event. ”If the mayor tells us to go away, we’ll probably go away.” So maybe we should contact the Mayor’s office and tell him to do just that. He can become contacted via email here.
    Honor Vietnam Vets With Jane Fonda and Anti-War Protestors?!

Mr. Chavonne? I'm sorry, your license to breathe has been revoked for sheer and utter stupidity. This will also help explain all about the perils of those that oppose Communism, and will help us bring about true Communism in our time. On behalf of the staff and management, thank you, and have a good day
    Last edited by bigross86; 24 Jan 11,, 16:34.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

inappropriate given the occasion. This should be about honouring veterans, not propagandizing for any perspective on the war.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I hope the Vets boycott the event.......................... dam idiotic where do these people come from?
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
          I hope the Vets boycott the event.......................... dam idiotic where do these people come from?
          Then the misguided fool has won. The vets should turn their backs on where the films are to be shown. These are Servicemen who served their Country, who have had to wait decades to be honoured, then to be given a 'history lesson' is insulting. They don't need reminding of the sacrifice their fellow countrymen gave. Nor reminding on the after affects to themselves and their families. They just want to catch up with their fellow warriors and exchange old war stories again. Mr Mayor, don't strip these people of their dignity. They don't have the time to fight the rights and wrongs of Vietnam so let them have their ten days and you just go pick some rice in a nice paddy field north of the Ben Hai river. ;)

Comment

Nothing like insulting the Vets huh? Assholes. As if their lives havent been diffacult enough.

The War they fought doesnt need to be tought to them in any means and anyone with even one ounce of RESPECT would know that.

They deserve FAR MORE then this country ever gave them in exchange for their service to our country.

GOD BLESS THE VIETNAM VETS! (And what they have had to endure and what they will now endure thanks to ASSHOLES like these.)

If I were the Vets, I would find a bar across the street, hang my US and POW/MIA flag from the rooftop and sip beers with my fellow vets while giving them the finger and enjoy the time with my bros since its plain and simple this Asshat Mayor and Quaker House have no idea of what it is to serve ones country instead of criticising its Troops that followed orders.

Maybe the Vets should show them a couple of movies, real movies since they were there to see it upclose and personel while these asshats probably dodged or didnt serve at all.
            Last edited by Dreadnought; 25 Jan 11,, 06:02.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Chartered aircraft FULL of returning troops from Iraq and Afghanistan pull into DFW airport weekly if not more often. As the troops exit customs and immigration, they are met and greeted by... large groups of Vietnam Veterans. Simultaneously sad and awesome at the same time, that they would do that.

Many of the people in political power today were the same counter-culture hippies most of us loved to hate from the early 1970's.

Comment

Worth playing over:

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The Mayor is probably infatuated with Hanoi Fonda. Pretty amazing that she is still alive after what she had done. I mean other country have liberal loons, for eg India has Arundathi Roy who has similar distorted views but Fonda takes the cake. Manning AA gun in the enemy's territory :(
                  Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                    Sometimes a womb, sometimes and egg, and every once in awhile they drop out of trees...or wander out of a pub.

Comment

Haven't broken these out in a while...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dammit Jim!! I'm SOORRY!!!

Comment

hehe...everyone does it sooner or later Tanker.;)

Feel free to update it if maybe the good Mayor gets hit by a truck or some other justice prevails!

Comment

Working...
                          X