Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger Hooah

RLTW!

"So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Fail!

Ranger Promo 2 also failed-

Let's revisit the original to remember true quality-

Oh! Mike, I think you meant RLTW?;)
    Last edited by S2; 20 Jan 11,, 04:08.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Shek, S-2,

Interested in a Defense Contractors experiences working with Rangers and those with a Ranger Tab?

Arty
      "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

A.E. Reply

"Interested in a Defense Contractors experiences working with Rangers and those with a Ranger Tab?"

Fcuk yeah!
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
          "Interested in a Defense Contractors experiences working with Rangers and those with a Ranger Tab?"

Fcuk yeah!
          Alrighty then :)

Have provided support to Ft Bragg Arty Units on several exercises with the 75th Ranger Regiment (Purple Gunsmoke at Ft Bragg and down at JRTC and Jaded Thunder out in Nevada) Have nothing but absolute and total respect for those guys. Smart, Innovative Disciplined Dedicated....you get the point. We shipped a battery of guns down on flat beds down to Ft Polk and they were there about 24 hours before me and the advance party got there and we were expecting to have to deal with irate truck drivers pissed at having to wait for offload etc. Not the case, the Rangers who we were going to be providing Arty support for during thier training lanes safely offloaded the howtzers and moved them to our motorpool for us. Now they have no experience with the M777 Howitzer (And it is an unforgiving beast) but the figured it out and accomplished the mission safely with no issues. There are Arty Units who cant load and off load their guns from flatbeds without doing something stupid!!!!! So as stated huge respect for there "way of doin business"

Now on the other hand, I currently have to deal with an Arty Battlion Commander with a Ranger Tab who is quite frankly the biggest retard I have EVER had to deal with anywhere anytime!!!! Doesnt seem to understand about basic Artillery concepts like PEr and why shooting High Zone Low QE he cant hit sh!t at the limits of the charges range (trying to make corrections smaller then 1 PEr according to the firing tables, that type of thing), more concerned about PT and Base "Beautification" Details than letting his Battery U6 kids work with me doing quarterly/annual services where they might learn something that some day could keep the gun in the fight and sending rounds down range, or even Monday Weekly Maintenance where I try to give classes and stuff.

Well that turned into a bit of a rant at the end....sorry.

Regards

Arty
          "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations".- Motto of the Gun Crew who have just done something incredibly stupid!!!!

Comment

A.E. Reply

"Now they have no experience with the M777 Howitzer (And it is an unforgiving beast) but the figured it out and accomplished the mission safely with no issues. There are Arty Units who cant load and off load their guns from flatbeds without doing something stupid!!!!!"

I suppose there are reasons they're considered pretty high-speed, low-drag outfits. That one, I confess, is about as surprising as I might imagine.

"...Doesnt seem to understand about basic Artillery concepts like PEr and why shooting High Zone Low QE he cant hit sh!t at the limits of the charges range (trying to make corrections smaller then 1 PEr according to the firing tables, that type of thing)..."

Ranger tab didn't make him stupid. He earned that qual long before he saw army green. The more amazing story would be how he's survived that far. He must have some great photos or one hell of a sugar daddy running interference for him.

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post
              Ranger tab didn't make him stupid. He earned that qual long before he saw army green. The more amazing story would be how he's survived that far. He must have some great photos or one hell of a sugar daddy running interference for him.
              Who knows, I have discovered over the last few years that the US Army is so like a Big Corporation its unreal with having powerful "Patrons" and "Who you know not what you know" coming into play to a huge extent. The fact that his current XO is one of the smartest guys I have every met im sure helps out too, maybe hes lucked out and always had guys subordinate to him that have punched well above their weight make him look good!

Getting back to Rangers vs Having a Ranger Tab, I think the point I was going for was that I deeply respect Rangers but not necessarily everyone running around with a Ranger Tab. They are two very different things.

Just rememberd something the Battery COmmander said to the Commander of the Rangers element down at Ft Polk. Went along the lines of "GIve me all your "Broke XXXXs" and underperformers and I will create the best Arty Battery ever seen"!!! Wasnt just me impressed with what we saw.

Another little story is when I was out in Hawaii fielding 2-11 several years ago and we were training the Direct Support (DS) Level maintenance personnel. There was a 45 Bravo MOS kid with a Ranger Tab which i didnt think anything off to start with, but as the training went on over the 2 and a half weeks it became obvious he took the student handouts home each night and honest to god studied them and came in each day with sensible questions and showed a huge desire to learn as much as he could. Turn out he was a Ranger who got hurt, couldnt do the Ranger thing anymore but was desperate to stay in the Army and one of the few MOS still open to him was 45B (Small arms and Ordnance Tech). He approached that job with the exact same level of motivation and dedication as he did to being in 75th Ranger Reg. Wrote a reference for the kid when he did get out and he now works for BAE with the guys who do the Body Armor and so on. Just a great guy all round.

Regards

Arty

Comment

A.E. Reply

"I have discovered over the last few years that the US Army is so like a Big Corporation its unreal..."

I characterize the army as the world's largest multi-national non-profit corporation.

"...Getting back to Rangers vs Having a Ranger Tab, I think the point I was going for was that I deeply respect Rangers but not necessarily everyone running around with a Ranger Tab. They are two very different things..."

It's a recommended ticketpunch. I've great respect for the course. Never did it and it sure appears to be 10 weeks of hard work but, yeah, chasing a tab versus assignment to a well-funded high speed outfit culling losers quickly are two different things.

Comment

"...Getting back to Rangers vs Having a Ranger Tab, I think the point I was going for was that I deeply respect Rangers but not necessarily everyone running around with a Ranger Tab. They are two very different things..."
                  A truer sentence has rarely been spoken. Unfortunately, it seems that "Ranger" and "Ranger Tab" can be replaced with almost anything nowadays. I respected most of my officers, but not all my officers deserved respect. I'm sure there are plenty other examples
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                  X