No announcement yet.

PayPal Donations (Anonymous, Voluntary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Donations (Anonymous, Voluntary)

Fellow Members of WAB,

To help fund and improve the World Affairs Board, I have enabled voluntary, anonymous donations to fund the site.

We are currently looking to build up a battle chest to be able to purchase "goodies" for WAB.

Immediate Needs & Wants
    • server upgrades
    • a professional site redesign
    • development of a content management system for articles, analysis, blogs, and resources

Maintenance of Site
    • billing for dedicated server
    • webhosting/bandwidth costs
    • vBulletin licensing
    • membership giveaways and promotions
    • more minimal Google Ads if goals are reached

I plan to have the donation system open to a selected group of independent auditors from the staff and membership to ensure that the funds are being spent correctly.

Please keep in mind that donations are voluntary and anonymous. Nobody on the staff will be able to determine who made the donation. Donations are non-refundable unless there is an error (for example $500 instead of $50).

Our goal for the month of January is $1000. Let's see if we can reach it. Excess donations will go into a rainy day fund.

Regards, and thank you,

Ironduke
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Nice idea. There is an error in the reply email though. it says "dear $username" instead of "dear so and so"

so must be a error with the reply script.

Comment

Will there be some sort of scale or some way for us to see how much we've got and how far we need to go?
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
        Will there be some sort of scale or some way for us to see how much we've got and how far we need to go?
        Already there Br at top of main page......doing quite well we are for the month..................
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Didn't notice that. I rarely go to the main page, I prefer the "What's New" function
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I removed a duplicate, and a decimal error from the donation ledger.
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

mmmmm ok is it me or does the amount raised seem to be going backwards? I am sure yesterday it showed a higher amount raised for the month ?
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                mmmmm ok is it me or does the amount raised seem to be going backwards? I am sure yesterday it showed a higher amount raised for the month ?

uh the answer is right above you, as Ironduke said:

I removed a duplicate, and a decimal error from the donation ledger.
                Meaning that two people made a mistake with their donaten, and their contributions were refunded (hence the seemingly lower total amount we currently have)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                  uh the answer is right above you, as Ironduke said:

Meaning that two people made a mistake with their donaten, and their contributions were refunded (hence the seemingly lower total amount we currently have)
                  I guess I should learn to look up hey Tarek............. thank you for the detailed explaination to your response
                  sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Working...
                  X