No announcement yet.

Turks see US as biggest external threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole Israeli ship blockade outrage, is the direct result of Israel flat out refusing to use any propaganda / public relations strategy.:madder:

The could have, to borrow a marketing term, established a narrative around the Karina A and the Francop ship.

But they didn't and now they have to pay dearly in world public opinion for this. That makes any reaction much more constrained diplomatically.

There need not be anything unethical about effectively using the best available PR / marketing practices to tell your side of the story.

In my opinion it is possible that Israel will lose because of this.

It also makes me wonder about the wisdom of supporting an ally that refuses to use perfectly ethical strategies to win. (The bad Israeli PR is making the US appear supporting the oppression of the Palestinians)

Comment

Originally posted by S-2 View Post

"...And from this I must conclude that the Turks are xenophobic?..."

You might. And you offer what in reply? Nonetheless, I'm unsurprised that you've chosen to attack the messenger. Clearly you didn't read the data very carefully. That's o.k. I've little reason to believe the BBC survey isn't a reasonable perspective.

What stood out from the poll, of course, was Turkish disdain for virtually EVERYBODY. It didn't matter whom.

Sir, Its not that we hate this countries, The BBC survey was about who had a positiv influence in the world and every Turk knows that only Turkish influence is good influence. So why wasn't Turkey included on the survey ???

Anyway we didn't rate Japan and Canada so badly.....:whome:
      Last edited by Hitman817; 14 Jan 11,, 15:55.

Comment

Turkey today, along with Western Europe's continuing underfunding of it military, is a good argument for scrapping NATO in it current form. And forcing small countries on the periphery of Russia to join NATO is like poking sticks at an uncaged bear.
        There is no horse too dead to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Egerland View Post
          Turkey today, along with Western Europe's continuing underfunding of it military, is a good argument for scrapping NATO in it current form. And forcing small countries on the periphery of Russia to join NATO is like poking sticks at an uncaged bear.
          Are you saying the Turkish Armed Forces is underfunded??
          • 120+ F-35
          • 240+ F-16 Block 50+
          • 40 F-4 Terminator 2020
          • 250+ Indegenous New Generation Fighter Aircraft
          • 10 A400M
          • 10 ATR 72-500 ASW/ASuW MPA
          • 12 Stealth Corvettes and Frigates
          • 6 AAW Destroyers
          • 1 LPD
          • 1 LHD
          • 10 LST
          • 1000+ New Generation MBT's
          • Long, Medium and Short Range ABM's
          • 6 AIP SSK's
          • 2 Spy Satellites
          • 300+ Helicopters

And you call all this underfunded. You got to be joking.
          Last edited by denizkuvetleri; 14 Jan 11,, 18:36.

Comment

Originally posted by USSWisconsin View Post
            ....What kind of "intellectual statement" is this? ....
            Zaman is a well known Islamist paper. so we know what kind of intellectual is he...
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

hitman817 Reply

"Sir, Its not that we hate this countries, The BBC survey was about who had a positiv influence in the world and every Turk knows that only Turkish influence is good influence. So why wasn't Turkey included on the survey ???

Anyway we didn't rate Japan and Canada so badly.....:whome:"

Ummm...16% of Turkish citizens polled saw Canada as a positive influence. Japan? All the way up there at 34%. Japan, btw, was the nation considered to have the most positive view by Turkey.

Anyway, it's my guess that it won't be long before Turkey is part of the questionaire. Then you'll KNOW you've hit the big-time.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Working...
              X