Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask An Expert- LAND Forces.

Official Thread Jacker Senior Contributor gunnut's Avatar
    DPRK, Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornia
    Quote Originally Posted by kato View Post
    Current German armored vehicles come with freaking toilets and running hot and cold water (no shower though - yet).
    No way!!!

Pics or it didn't happen...
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen...
    GTK Boxer. In introduction phase, four of these in Afghanistan right now.

Toilet. The green bag stored on the left has to be installed in it before use; both seat and bag can be installed in every seat in the troop compartment, and there's also a small partial curtain with the set in case you don't want to have your comrades watch you while doing it:
    Attachment 26921

Water heater, complete with tap - actually they just used the same unit the British put in the Challenger:

Attachment 26922

The notion for the toilet is that in certain deployments you do not want to stop the vehicle to have the soldiers do their business on the roadside due to them having a good chance of ending up dead from mines, IEDs, small arms fire assaults.
    The water boiler is necessary because the new generation of German MREs needs hot water to become edible. The Brits use it for tea.
    Last edited by kato; 20 Oct 11, at 23:33.

Toilet. The green bag stored on the left has to be installed in it before use; both seat and bag can be installed in every seat in the troop compartment, and there's also a small partial curtain with the set in case you don't want to have your comrades watch you while doing it:
    Attachment 26921

Water heater, complete with tap - actually they just used the same unit the British put in the Challenger:

Attachment 26922

The notion for the toilet is that in certain deployments you do not want to stop the vehicle to have the soldiers do their business on the roadside due to them having a good chance of ending up dead from mines, IEDs, small arms fire assaults.
    The water boiler is necessary because the new generation of German MREs needs hot water to become edible. The Brits use it for tea.
    Now that's one RV I wouldn't mind having... It ain't the "party bus" but it sure is zombie proof.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Now that's one RV I wouldn't mind having... It ain't the "party bus" but it sure is zombie proof.
    Visions of the EM-50.

SFC Hulka would be proud!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Visions of the EM-50.

SFC Hulka would be proud!
    He was "the big toe."

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Mostly Harmless
    Nice, I was thinking a cup holders for cans of soda and maybe even 2L bottles of coke...

For example, one of the criteria for me in a car is to have a cup holder big enough for at least a 32 oz. cup. Anything less is uncivilized.
    Funnily enough, the exterior compartment for six smoke grenades also perfectly fits six 1.5 liter bottles of Coke
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Mostly Harmless

Attachment 26921

Attachment 26922

Jeez, what happened to putting a plastic bag inside your helmet and getting on with business? Soldiers are getting soft today, I tell ya...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Defense Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by bigross86 View Post
    Jeez, what happened to putting a plastic bag inside your helmet and getting on with business? Soldiers are getting soft today, I tell ya...
    What the hell's the deal with a the plastic bags? Just use a D handle shovel or E tool and let it rip!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Mostly Harmless
    When you're inside the tank and can't leave, I don't know how useful a shovel is gonna be. A plastic bag keeps everything in one place and can then be tied up and tossed out somewhere

Senior Contributor
    The bag also contains certain chemicals that immediately dehydrate the products and keep in the smell.

In Memoriam Military Professional dave lukins's Avatar
    The Brits use it for tea.

Even in war we are civilised. Pass the cucumber sandwiches Jeeves

When you're inside the tank and can't leave, I don't know how useful a shovel is gonna be. A plastic bag keeps everything in one place and can then be tied up and tossed out somewhere
    I can't think of a situation where I am locked into my tank for such a long period that I couldn't get out and do a shovel recce.

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Mostly Harmless
    There was a point in Lebanon where we could not leave the tank for 4 days and nights in a row. I don't care how strong your bowels are and how many Imodium pills you've popped, there's very few people I know can hold themselves from taking a poop for 96 hours straight.

There was a point in Lebanon where we could not leave the tank for 4 days and nights in a row. I don't care how strong your bowels are and how many Imodium pills you've popped, there's very few people I know can hold themselves from taking a poop for 96 hours straight.

Jeeez didnt ya have en'suite and cocktail lounge like the UK tanks ,

Using the rest of the Troop take up a turret down position to complete your admin. Locked up for 4 days must have meant you were all in a more desperate position than the enemy. I take it fumigation and inoculations were order of the day once you managed to escape.
    Last edited by dave lukins; 22 Oct 11, at 00:58.

Thread Information