Can't upload word docs and other files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't upload word docs and other files

Last night when I was trying to upload a paper to the Staff College the forum wouldn't let me, and it said that the word doc in question was an "invalid file". However, when I tried testing other word files through uploading them I got the same response. So therefore I was wondering what maybe behind the problem?

Thank you?

While I can't say for certain (that would require an Admin) it might be due your user Rank (regular). Some features of the board are linked to the user rank you have. The higher the rank the more features are available for you (like a bigger storage for private messages). It might very well be that on your level you have not yet the feature to upload files (or at least word docs) and need to increase your rank before doing so. (Due a larger post count for example)

Comment

Kevin, I will address this issue in time.

-Ironduke
      "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
        Last night when I was trying to upload a paper to the Staff College the forum wouldn't let me, and it said that the word doc in question was an "invalid file". However, when I tried testing other word files through uploading them I got the same response. So therefore I was wondering what maybe behind the problem?

Thank you?
        I've had the best luck saving my word docs as PDF's these have uploaded OK, though there is a size limit.
        sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
        If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

It also might just be the file type itself. When I tried uploading a .docx last week it wouldn't upload, but .doc uploaded just fine. Perhaps WAB just doesn't support Office 2007 yet
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
          X